MacNair monster replica

fishingisliving

I think its total crap that the fish needs to be killed to actually have a "record".

Especially now-a-days when green/conservation is such a HUGE issue around the world.

Kudos to him for being the bigger man and releasing that fish!

Everyone KNOWS its a record, so that's all he needs to know!

Wicked fish!!!

I think its total crap that the fish needs to be killed to actually have a "record".

Especially now-a-days when green/conservation is such a HUGE issue around the world.

Unless every boat has a certified weigh scale, how exactly would that work?

I think there should be a live release category so he could get some recognition for that brute.

That fish is a definate brute & I'm looking forward to seeing the replica up close at the Musky Odyssee this coming April.

Also nice to see someone land that monster and not care about any record, just put her back in the river where she belongs.

That to me is the best part of this whole story !!

OK.....people can just send me PMs: call me every name in the book and make insults. Let off the steam. I won't take offence. I WILL READ THEM, Please do not ruin the thread. I am not jealous or envious it is a big fish that required a lot of dedication to catch and is a notable accomplishment.

I am part of everyone and I do not KNOW it is a WR. Suddenly Mr. MacNair seems to be saying it is and the press is saying it is and that this beast now has an official weight of 65lbs when it is documented that only length measurements were taken. Nothing like distorting the truth eh? A little here a little there.....but that is what fish tales are (yeah....I must be guilty too :rolleyes: )

No doubt some tourism interests are helping to push this along. Yes, thanks to Mr. MacNair that fish is out there ready reproduce and or be caught again. Anyone want to go?

forrest

PS: 2nd place official WR Muskie: http://www.worldrecordmuskiealliance.com/images/obrien.jpg with a directly measured weight of 65lbs......give the guy credit he earned it. His name is Ken O'Brien

Edited by forrest

First off I would like to thank you for the great comments . You will be able to see the Replica at the 2009 Musky Odyssey in St. Catherine's .

Now onto business : Forrest ,

I don't think you listened to the interview fully, nowhere in that interview did I say that it was a World Record.

I said that after I saw her jump out of the water 25 ft back of the boat , I Said " I knew that I had a record fish "

The Gananoque Chapter of MCI who manages the BOARD , is posting my Muskie as the Largest Muskie caught for the 2008 season with a weight of 65.24 lbs , they gave it that weight using a formula : L X G / 25-10 = while doing the TV interview , I was asked if it was a World Record , I said " depends on who you ask ".

Not sure where you have been reading , but both length and girth measurments were take : 57 x 33

Hope you can attend the Odyessy and see her for yourself .

cheers

Dale MacNair

57 x 33

Edited by dmacnair

Dale, good of you to stop by and it'd be nice to have you as a regular member of this board.

That was truley a monster fish and the fact that you released it to swim another day made the entire story that much better.

I'll definetely be listening to your tale at the Odyssee in a couple months.

Thanks for clearing that up Dale....I had a feeling the press was doing a bit of bending. I too think it took guts to release that fish. I guess it would have taken guts to keep it too :lol: . Not everyone can be happy all the time.

The press has taken what you said and turned it into a World Record with an official weight of 65lbs. How do most people (and some people here) read that? I think they read it as Dale MacNair caught a World Record fish of 65lbs weighed on a scale.....he even said he knew it was a record as soon as he caught it.

The press is a bit disrespectful of Ken O'Brien, but, that is what the press and salesmen do. I think there will be a few more Musky charters in the area next year....if I am close I will want to take a look at the replica for sure.

forrest

Nice turnabout Forrest since Mr MacNair showed up :thumbsup_anim:

The fish is a real brute, had some friends see (replica) it in person at the Chicago show and they said the none of the pics do this fish justice.

Well done Mr MacNair

edit to spell the man's name right

Edited by Whopper