Car doors freezing shut.... remedies anyone?

Love my 2002 VW Golf. But since winter number one with it I have had problems with the doors freezing shut. A mild wet spell followed by a quick cold snap and water freezes onto the weather stripping across the top of the door. When it is really bad I have to pour hot water on it just so I can open the door.....then towel it off real quick....PITA... it is.

Anyone out there have the same problems? And if so how do you remedy it? Any and all help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Steve

Any auto supply shop or home maintenance depot will have it. Shake the spray can well, it shoots out of the can like some sorta white gloop.

I'm just sayin'.

CTC or Home HdWr, Home Depot, Walmart, Rona.

Edited by douG

Not sure if it's good for the paint or not, but I saw a guy at Canadian Tire who couldn't get in to his car because the doors were froze shut. He poped open his trunk and grab windshield washer fluid. He poured it over the door seal and the door opened with little effort. Thought it was cool.

Not sure if it's good for the paint or not, but I saw a guy at Canadian Tire who couldn't get in to his car because the doors were froze shut. He poped open his trunk and grab windshield washer fluid. He poured it over the door seal and the door opened with little effort. Thought it was cool.

Well seeing that 90% of your windshield washer fluid ends up on your roof anyhow, I am sure the paint would be fine :) lol

Anything that doesn't freeze will work really, you could spray Windex on it if you wanted.

Chapstick also works good!!!

Heh ... now you got me thinking ... its something I have been meaning to address for the Mrs' vehicle (as she gets to park outside) ... has anyone tried Armorall ... its made for the plastics/vinyl etc and leaves a real smoooooooooth skid area on hardwood (I have noticed quite literally by accident) :)