How much do you spend?

diggyj

Sorry can't answer that, the GF knows my password.LOL. From Jan 1 to mid April, I would say $1500+, mostly all match/carp fishing stuff. It's not a lot considering it's comes from the UK. I have a budget though.

Edited by DanielM

as much as I need to....?

generally not alot, I havent bought any new summer gear (as in rods/reels) for a while now but I guess the float gear I buy makes up for it.

Speaking of float gear I need (want?) another rod...looking for a 12 and a half footer thats used and CHEAP

i'd have to say that last year alone on soft plastics i spent somewhere around 750 800 on a couple new rods and reels 200 on live bait on the hardwater 150 on new line 300 on body baits and jigs and a couple new tackle boxes 150 on wide gap hooks and this doesnt count gas to and from mainteneance on boat truck canoe ....

so just on fishing in genereal somewhere around $2350.00

Matt!

I prefer not to think about it...that way it doesnt seem like a lot when i try to add it all up....if i add it all up.

when i add all mine up and divide by 12 i get 200 now divide by 4 and i get 50 so about 45-50 bucks a week cheaper than being a smoker i suppose! too bad i do both :wallbash:

What moosebunk said . I just moved and when all my fishing stuff was put together even the movers were scared at all the stuff 50+ rods and reels 75 tackle boxes etc. etc., maybe one day I will open a store , when the young guys were showing pics of their rapellas I looked at my closet I lost count at 1000 and I dont even like Raps that much , you should see my lucky crafts -I like them lol (just dont tell the wife how much it all costs, got it at a lawn sale lol) . dont want think about it .

Last year I spent about $300.00 between Jan 1 and Opener i'd say

so far this year I've spent $210.. ($150 of that being Christmas gift cards)

from now until opener, and pretty much all year I'm going to limit my spending on fishing stuff, because I'm saving up to buy a boat, and most of my money is going towards that, seeing as my projected boat buying month would probably be June or Early July..

What moosebunk said . I just moved and when all my fishing stuff was put together even the movers were scared at all the stuff 50+ rods and reels 75 tackle boxes etc. etc., maybe one day I will open a store , when the young guys were showing pics of their rapellas I looked at my closet I lost count at 1000 and I dont even like Raps that much , you should see my lucky crafts -I like them lol (just dont tell the wife how much it all costs, got it at a lawn sale lol) . dont want think about it .

1000 Rapala's are you kidding me :o Would you care to share some for next season :P Seriously if i ever get that many lures i will cry lol, Each rapala can be about 8 bucks a piece....8 x 1000=$8000!

i don;t even wanna think about how much i spend... and since i fish year round, there is no down time to sit and think about it. lol, i;m always out buying things... in the past week alone i;ve spent.... about $400, with more to come as i;m planning on gettin an ice hut soon, so theres another 500, plus heater, sonar, and a GPS unit i have my eye on... oh dear... my wife is goin to kill me. lets not get started on open water gear since i have channel cats, then walleye, pike and then bass and muskie season to worry about.

I'll spend about 1200.00 on gear alone for the whole year.....I lose about 500.00 of that stuff during the first week of fishing.. :wallbash: :wallbash:

1200.00 is excluding the boating stuff such as gas and oil and regular maintenance..and tournament costs

All tolled I'm looking at about 2500.00 - 3000.00 /yr.

My wife says it's more if I include the beer for when I get off the water.

RFS

:canadian:

LOL my beer budget went to tackle. Not spending any money on it lately but winter was get ready season, nothing worse than spending fishing time out looking for tackle.

A trip to BPS, Cabelas, Netcraft instead of the sportsman show, 300 bucks? Couple hundred at the local tackle shop, a hundred bucks maybe at the local flea market.

hmm never thought about it but usually pick up at least one rod and reel combo between softwater seasons this year i replaced two rods or three, picked up a carrot six, crucial, avid, mactched with a stella, stradic and curado, only the carrot stix and stella have seen use in september the others are still virgins, as for tackle so far about 12 bags of strike zones, 3 buckets of power bait several packages of bio bait and a whole bunch of spinnerbaits and top water stuff before opener still need 3 spools of power pro, 5-6 packages of drop shot hooks, sinkers some rapalas maybe another rod, need a new trolling motor another fishfinder sheesh it never ends

I think I've spent about $200 since Christmas, and that was all on hard water gear. Maybe 30 bucks was for softwater. I expect to spend another couple hundred at least come spring time. Looking to get a new rod/reel for fishing the steelies / salmon run in the spring and then everything I need for when I get back to ONT.