What do you say when you hook a fish?

BillM

I couldn't really say I know what I say.... Don't think there's anything "regularly" said on a hook-up. A couple times I've broken into some Shania Twain with "Man, it feels like a walleye."

I got potty mouth. Not really that often except when excited, tired or buzzed. Cover your ears kiddies, here's all I could find in the archives to prove my point.

http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm477/M...rent=PYM009.flv

And here's an oldy but goody. I ain't playing the fish but I'm still the one cussing in the end. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO_TBqdTAps

"THERE'S ONE."

tone of voice would depend on the size.. Every once in a while I'll say it while I'm setting the hook on a bruiser and I'm told it sounds like I'm riding the porcelain bus and i'm having some problems.. Other times it's more bassy like Barry White.. ooohhh baby.

Baaaahhhh talk about hitting the nail on the head..

Ask Solo what I said every time I stuck another silver in Alaska while fly fishing. B)

I think it went UGGGHHH, there he is!!!

It's all in the grunt!!! :lol:

Another one is FEEEEEEEEESH AWWWWWNNN, COMIN' DOWN!!!!! :D

Definitely a grunt followed by some hyperventilating, then "watch out she's coming your way!" :)

Fish are smarter creatures then we give them credit for. So my comments are generally related to when the fish hits.

Like "Nice of you to show up now" which is generally spoken when I'm either fiddling with some tackle or clothing issues.

Or "dude" which is a standard response saved for those extra special hits. You know...the ones you get while fuming over the worst birdsnest human eyes have ever seen or trying to pour a coffee with cold fingers in a rocking boat or my personal FAV...while taking a whizz. And not just any whizz...it's ALWAYS the whizz where you took forever to just get the layers of cloths off..your sweating from the effort..the stream just starts...and them WHAM!!!!

Those little buggers know when you have your guard down. :devil:

Fish are smarter creatures then we give them credit for. So my comments are generally related to when the fish hits.

Like "Nice of you to show up now" which is generally spoken when I'm either fiddling with some tackle or clothing issues.

Or "dude" which is a standard response saved for those extra special hits. You know...the ones you get while fuming over the worst birdsnest human eyes have ever seen or trying to pour a coffee with cold fingers in a rocking boat or my personal FAV...while taking a whizz. And not just any whizz...it's ALWAYS the whizz where you took forever to just get the layers of cloths off..your sweating from the effort..the stream just starts...and them WHAM!!!!

Those little buggers know when you have your guard down. :devil:

LOL that is so true Steve. Why do u think i keep jigging while i line a pail :whistling:

Another one is FEEEEEEEEESH AWWWWWNNN, COMIN' DOWN!!!!! :D

Lol twenty years of pier chucking that one is ingrained in me.

Usually it's just common sense, but early in the season 04:00 there isn't a soul there.

Get 5 min into the fight, through all the "COMIN' UP COMIN' UP FISH COMIN' UP!" I realize I'm the only person there, look behind me and there's a pair of raccoons that have stopped their scavenging through a garbage can and are looking at me like I'm on crack.

Lol twenty years of pier chucking that one is ingrained in me.

Usually it's just common sense, but early in the season 04:00 there isn't a soul there.

Get 5 min into the fight, through all the "COMIN' UP COMIN' UP FISH COMIN' UP!" I realize I'm the only person there, look behind me and there's a pair of raccoons that have stopped their scavenging through a garbage can and are looking at me like I'm on crack.

LOL!