What do you say when you hook a fish?

BillM

I dunno why, but I really noticed this while I was down in the US fishing for steel with Solo. Anytime I'd hook a fish I'd say "There we go!" I have a feeling I say this all the time! I think Cliff can also confirm this. BTW, Cliff doesn't say a thing when he hooks into one, he's like Chuck Norris :)

When I release fish I usually call them sweetheart if it's a hen or 'big guy' if it's a male... I think there is something wrong with me.

in the winter ... I stay as quiet as possible to prevent swarms of people rushing into my area

Spoken like a true bass guy.LOL

It,s either fish on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,followed by a,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,fish off.

or

It,s fish on,nice one,oh ya,nice one,hey stay down,ok come here. Oh man yer just a dink.LOL

My favorite is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Theres another one Terry.

Spoken like a true bass guy.LOL

It,s either fish on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,followed by a,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,fish off.

or

It,s fish on,nice one,oh ya,nice one,hey stay down,ok come here. Oh man yer just a dink.LOL

My favorite is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Theres another one Terry.

If you'll hold yer rod tip in the water they'll stay down... do I have to teach you everything???

Depends on where I am...and what I'm fishing for...

- Creek, sharing hole with strangers "Fish on!" to let them know to watch their lines.

- Boat for smaller fish. I'll say "got one"

- Shore with Bly "Get the net!"

- Boat for Muskie. "Holy ...dont lose it!"

In the hut .... "hold my beer"

In Quebec .... "move your beer"

On the Dock ... "bring me a beer"

In a trib "beer-on !"

... I think my daughters will attest .. my most common line ... would have to be ... "WHO's Your Daddy ?"

If you'll hold yer rod tip in the water they'll stay down... do I have to teach you everything???

Hey, you gots to teach me nutt,n Dawg. I have the rod and half the reel in the water to keep them down at times.

Edited by misfish

For me it's "got im" which is quickly followed by me trying to chase away the fish theiving dog before she rips it off the line.

DSCN1326-1.jpg

When fish aren't biting, I use the patented Finnglish fish call to draw them to the boat.

" Suuweee kula, kula, kula "

If I lose one it's " satana perkele " or " sonomabeech "

Apparently, according to Paul who says I drive him nuts with this, is I tend to say:

I think I have a fish on, or I might have a fish on."

He jokes and says "So you think you might possibly, maybe, perchance have a fish on, or not."

Otherwise, I also go "oop, got one." (that's for when I definately know) :thumbsup_anim:

Joey