(NF) Whats everyone preparing for New Years Eve dinner?

Burtess

For those that are staying in tonight, what are you preparing for New Years Eve dinner?

For a lot the tradition would be lobster and steak, but I am deathly allergic to shrimp, lobsters, and the like.

We are having our good neighbours over and I am preparing grilled beef tenderloin, baked potato, and butternut squash....

What's everybody else having????

Burt :)

ordering the kids a pizza to tide them over until later :lol:

then we are having a regular buffet of all sorts of munchies(if there's any left to pick at for me and my friends who are part of tonight's entertainment as the band <_< )

homemade mini quiche,sweet and sour meatballs,assorted meats, cheese, crackers,homemade jalapeno poppers,buffalo wing dip and taco dip with tortilla chips, tonnes of homemade baked goods..and that's just the stuff I know about. :thumbsup_anim:

then beer, more beer, some shots aka whiskey,tequila,wife's homemade irish cream and whatever else is kicking around :whistling: , that and more beer (have desiganted drivers on the go for the party :thumbsup_anim: )

Edited by jwl

ordering the kids a pizza to tide them over until later :lol:

then we are having a regular buffet of all sorts of munchies(if there's any left to pick at for me and my friends who are part of tonight's entertainment as the band <_< )

homemade mini quiche,sweet and sour meatballs,assorted meats, cheese, crackers,homemade jalapeno poppers,buffalo wing dip and taco dip with tortilla chips, tonnes of homemade baked goods..and that's just the stuff I know about. :thumbsup_anim:

then beer, more beer, some shots aka whiskey,tequila,wife's homemade irish cream and whatever else is kicking around :whistling: , that and more beer (have desiganted drivers on the go for the party :thumbsup_anim: )

sounds like one doozy of a party Jack ( insert Irish Rovers----wasnt that a party :santa: )

Lobster (thx Roy - they were $6.99 a pound at Sobey's), a mushroom risotto, wilted spinach, some melted butter and garlic. I think there is still some homemade bread around here somewhere. And a bottle of Sigura Viudas Brut Reserve, a $15 bottle that beats the pants off $40 or $50 bottles.

Stuffed Mushrooms, Mussels with a garlic cream sauce, brie with pears wrapped in puff pastry, brushetta bread, endive with goat cheese prachutto and balsamic dressing, cheese tray, venison meat tray and of course gin and tonic... let the festivities begin!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Just finished off a big old shepherds pie..used ground turkey instead of venison.also some homemade bisquets and gravy and some kinda veggies that I ignored..life is good.Tomorrow is corned beef and cabbage and black eyed peas.Gots me some cajuns up for the new years and some english folks from Bex side visiting.Lots of serious accent misunderstanding.Its all good.

Joe

Here is the photographic evidence.

Just as the juniors game finished up, and with Will safely tucked in bed, Jen and I sat down to this light yet satisfying feast:

Rack of lamb with red wine sauce , roasted garlic mashed potatoes, sautéed green beens and red pepper with roasted slivered almonds.

It was super yummy.

Best wishes to all!

P1000863.jpg

And a bottle of Sigura Viudas Brut Reserve, a $15 bottle that beats the pants off $40 or $50 bottles.

bubbly with a 0 rating. you knowz your stuff.

Debbe and I had a nice steak with our 2nd last Acorn squash from my garden prepared with carmalized shallots and a touch of brown sugar and some steamed broccoli with a light almond/garlic sauce. Served with a bottle or 2 :thumbsup_anim: of our Fav homemade red. Nothing fancy but a fitting ending to 2008.

Happy 2009 to all.

Here is the photographic evidence.

Just as the juniors game finished up, and with Will safely tucked in bed, Jen and I sat down to this light yet satisfying feast:

Rack of lamb with red wine sauce , roasted garlic mashed potatoes, sautéed green beens and red pepper with roasted slivered almonds.

It was super yummy.

Best wishes to all!

P1000863.jpg

That looks like a meal fit for a king! Our son is currently seeing a young lady from Australia. He has said there lamb is to die for. Having never tried lamb, I am racking my brains trying to figure out a way to get an invite over for supper.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

LOL Dog------------------------------------------ bones for them.

Wife and kids, sister in law, brother in law, nieces and nephews went` to the bowling alley for the annual Christmas party.

I don`t walk well enough to consider bowling, hands shake too much to shoot pool, and certainly don`t need to drink. I get to hang out with my 4 legged friends!

Jen, douG, Radnine and solopaddler. I am so envious of you folks at the moment (insert drooling smiley). Such fine table offerings would be wasted in this household.

Haute cuisine can only be a dinner for one. :wallbash: With almost every meal they smother the food in ketchup.

Edited by bigugli

• 11 months later...

I am resurrecting this thread from last year.....

So what are all of ya havin' this year??????

I am grilling some thick ribeyes (reverse sear over charcoal) with sauteed mushrooms and baked potato, veggie TBA.....

Burt :)

PS..... Here is last years tenderloin, wrapped in bacon, smoked until rare, and reverse seared directly over the coals.... (I wanted to do this again this year but the wife said ribeyes....)

IMG_0043.jpg

Edited by Burtess

Stuffed Mushrooms, Mussels with a garlic cream sauce, brie with pears wrapped in puff pastry, brushetta bread, endive with goat cheese prachutto and balsamic dressing, cheese tray, venison meat tray and of course gin and tonic... let the festivities begin!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Now thats a serious meal right there .............. :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy: