LiveTARGET Lures - What's your opinion?

rbaquial

Hey Guys/Girls,

Last year, I went to the Spring Sportsman Show in TORONTO and came across probably THEE most REALISTIC LURES I have EVER seen on the market. I wanted to buy a few, mainly cause I was so convinced these are the best out there? (I personally don't believe in using Chartreuse Lures or any non-natural colored lures to catch fish - though it DOES/MAY help - I don't have much faith in them) Anyway, my question to you guys - Have any of you used ANY of these lures by KOPPERS LIVETARGET LURES? And IF SO, What's your input on them?

I'm thinking on buying a few this season, Thought I'd get some input 1st.

PS: Their website is http://www.livetargetlures.com

PPS: Sorry, this is my 1st time posting something on this site so my apologies if its "out of whack" or anything.

I've used both the perch and the craw cranks. IMHO, they are not worth the extra $. The perch cranks didn't run true out of the box (no, I don't have to tune other cranks, especially ones this expensive). The craw cranks run better, but that level of realism is just not necessary in a reaction bait. I also find the craw cranks hang-up much more often than other "combat cranks". For those applications, I would take shad raps and bombers over the Koppers any day.

I remember some folks going ga-ga over them back in the spring, but haven't heard much about them since... maybe one or 2 reports of some folks catching fish with them earlier in the year, but nothing since.

If they don't run true out of the box like Singingdog says, they aren't worth the money IMO.

They seem to look great. First thing you do is throw the hooks away and put new ones on. The first time I caught a fish on all 3 of mine the hooks broke. Thats pretty pathetic, they could have at least put on a decent hook for the money you pay for them. You really have to work hard to get them to run right as well

Edited by Grimace

These are one of the best lures I have ever owned. I have hundreds of pics to show how well they work. They have to be fished the correct way though. I have taken a few members on this board this year and they can attest to how well these work. They are coming out with a few nice colors of the Lipless and a new perch color. I'm not just talking out of the corner of my mouth but I have a very large collection of cranks and these are in my top 10 and are almost always tied on one of my rods. I have used them on the east coast for Trout and salmon with great success. Dont bother buying them right now, infact you are welcome to come out with me for the opener on Walleye in May and I will personally show you how well we do with them. Best part is that he is local(Niagra region) If you want toi get them bo to fishingworld and get them. They have the best prices on them.

As for the hooks. I'm not sure what happened there but they have premium Diachi hooks. One of the best. They are finely tuned to run with those hooks. You really need to make sure they are the same weight and pretty much an exact match or the bait will not run right. No reason to change them. Give them a call and I'm sure that they wiull replace, great guy to deal with. Most people are amazed at how well they run right out of the box. You must have gotten a couple of bad ones. Like every manufactuer they do have duds. Fact of life. :wallbash: I have $30 cranks that come from Japan that are crap right out of the box with the worst costomer service ever.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewkoppersgoldenshiner.html

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewkoppers2009pre.html

Edited by smalliefisher

when i was down in kitchener i went to a small tackle shop in cambridge and i seen them. the guy on the other side of the counter said he knew him personally and have been testing them for years and they are the best lures on the market. they didnt look that great but they did look pretty neat, even had a painted butt on them haha. i bought one perch one at like $12.99. i tried it at a few different lakes with perch in them and it didnt catch anything. the problem is that they need flash like a real fishes skin, the paint is flat and needs to shine. If you want a good lure buy the rapala xraps! you can buy 2 xraps for the price of one livetarget junk

You had better sit down for this shocker: They raved about them in Bass Master magazine!

Funny thing about magazine reviews of products, there is never a bad one. In the same magazine you can find an advert for a plastic shaped like a Scorpion. Apparently bass in these parts love Scorpions, who knew? :whistling:

MARKETING ALERT! MARKETING ALERT!

Jim

I know i sold a ton of them to guys fishing the Grand for Walleye and they sure didn't come back and buy more if they didn't work.. Rapala are worth $10.99 to $14.99 Live Targets are $10.99 to 12.99 so there is not much of a diffrence in price ...as for fine tuneing the lure ...# 1 your line could be to heavy # 2 your swivle could be to big #3 Don't change the hook #4 read the package for best running tastics ...these are good hooks on these baits Grant worked his butt off to get a good lure on the market that works ...these were feild tested by lots of Great Lakes Anglers ...you would be supprised to what they do out on Lake Ontario for Spring Browns ...like said above by FF i have 10000s or 1000s of lures they all don't catch fish for me ...but the guy right beside ya is killing fish on the same lure that you couldn't catch a cold with ...just my 2 cents

Edited by Fishmaster

Pike Slayer, there are three different finishes to the perch lure for different applications. Flat, Gloss, and Florescent.

I'm on Pro Staff with Koppers so I'd be happy to pass on any suggestions or comments.

Everyone has they're own favorites and confidence lures so you can never make everyone happy. Grant's goal is to match the hatch just like fly fisherman so you will only see lures that look like the real thing with as much detail as possible.

Edited by BigSmallie

Well i say congrats to grant for all his hard work in developing& producing his very own lures !!!! :thumbsup_anim::clapping: I think they look amazing,and i have caught a few walleyes on the deep diver medium shinny metalic perch....i wish i had them down at the bay of quinte this fall,i would have run a few for sure !! and those shad rap type,baits look awesome,and i will be running them more next year,i dont think people realize all the time & effort that go into a venture like that,and acually succeding,so i give him credit for sure,and i hope that there are more to come too,as of yet i have had no problems with any of his lures...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

well thats good to know that they have different finishes. when i seen them it looked like a lure that would do well and did not. the only thing keeping me from buying more and giving them a better chance is the price. if they were $7-9 i'd buy a few different ones and work them hard. i'd be intersted in the jerk bait. i'm a firm believer in the xraps and i'd rate it has the best lure out there currently. after using them it has totally changed my fishing. i now have well over 50 xraps in my tackle trunk all different colours and sizes. although the new ones with the sureset hook stink! that large hook just bends to crap after catching a 5lb+ fish. when you put the jerk bait out on thr market show it on here and i'll pick a few up and run them hard

Yes pike slayer there are 2 kinds,one is metalic shinny,and one is the dull matt finish,i prefer the metalic,man it sure puts out a flash,and about the x-raps,yes they are awesome for everything from bassto salmon on lake ontario,no argument there,have you seen his crayfish lures & the shad stule baits as well,they look almost real !!!!