whats yours

Hawg Hunter

watchin' a big hit on the ice from an aggressive pike is always a rush. they fight hard and make for some great photos once they're winded. pretty beasts they are. if you're on a a lake with a decent population ,, winter pike make for some excellent table fare. my fav. ,, no question.

watchin' a big hit on the ice from an aggressive pike is always a rush. they fight hard and make for some great photos once they're winded. pretty beasts they are. if you're on a a lake with a decent population ,, winter pike make for some excellent table fare. my fav. ,, no question.

Got to admit, big pike through the ice are a blast.

Then again I feel like a kid let loose in a candy store when I go jigging for smelts. :blush::D

Hardwater season?

Wading in the river for steelhead :)

Agreed.

Most hardwater guys are hoping for thick ice. I hope its thin, it takes alot less work to bash through 1 inch ice over a 50 foot pool than it does to bash through 2 inches.

i have to say squaretails a good ole' speck, but then i again most of the specs i catch under the hardwater are in the 1 -5 lb range, gettin to these lakes is the fun part. and i must say i'm not happy with the 08-09 regs being in zone 11 specks dont open until feb 15th and only one over 12 inches.