Soggy Day on the Bay of Quinte Percher & MTP

Mike the Pike

Just got up at 9am I was pretty tired from yesterday a long wet day almost everything I brought to Quinte was wet.

Last Monday I got the invite from Percher to go searching for the big eyes in the Bay of Quinte now how could I say no

I was also looking forward to fishing in his new boat.We only fish together a couple of times per year since we both have our own boats.

We stayed at the Sportsmen Motel which I thought was a pretty good deal for the buck.Roomy clean and not too far from the launch in Picton.

Friday night Percher callled me on my cell and said we would need rain gear since we both didn't bring our gear of course.I stopped in Napanee

to pick up 2 cheapie rain suits well one pancho and a suit for Percher what a mistake you will see why later.

We woke up to a soggy day we knew it was going to be a wet one.I went off to Timmies just after 6am and met up with Memart(Rob)

we had a little chat I went back to the motel and well Rob told me he would be dry for the day because he had booked a charter with Lloyd in his

roomy long Princecraft.

We Launched just after 7 and it looked like alot of folks decided to stay home due to the soggy day.Just before we left we put on the cheapie rain wear which ripped to itty bitty pieces in seconds :stretcher:

Dan and I had one messy episode at one point the whole boat spun around and what a mess 4 very tangled lines 2 off the riggers and 2 on the planer boards.The mess was so bad we had to go to shore and take off the line that had was wrapped aroung the prop on Perchers new kicker motor.After the biggest bird nest I had ever seen we got right back to it and headed for some new fishing grounds.

Now on with the pics.

IMG_0150_1.jpg

After hours of trolling I finally caught this beat up old Walleye as you can clearly see she had many battle scars .I wish had done a

better job holding her up folks but it was miserable out there just pouring rain all day and it never let up.I could barely see out of my glasses.

I caught her flat lining it about 80 feet of water.She weighed 9 1/2 pounds.

IMG_0151_1.jpg

IMG_0152_1.jpg

IMG_0154_1.jpg

I didn't take many shots yesterday because well it was always raining.

This is a shot of Lloyds boat with Memart and Terry aboard the thought did cross my mind

how dry they must be. Good to see you again Terry and Nice to have met Rob,John and Lloyd.When I arrived back on shore I was soaked to the gaunchy's but the day was worth it.Oh BTW Memart caught a nice eye hopefully he can post a pic of her.

IMG_0156_1.jpg

Now as you can see Dan has gained some weight his Superman suit exploded trying to light that wet lighter :whistling:

IMG_0157_1.jpg

IMG_0159_1.jpg

Thats a better shot of Captain Percher.

IMG_0160_1.jpg

Now go figure its time to drive back to Montreal and the Sun comes out :dunno:

It was short lived because it poured rain all the way home.

IMG_0162_1-1.jpg

IMG_0165_1.jpg

Well thanks for the Great day Dan always a pleasure fishing with you and thanks for putting me on

a nice fish now if I could only catch fish in my boat.

I am looking forward to November.

Mike the Pike :Gonefishing:

Edited by Mike the Pike

Wow.....thats perseverance....congrats on a beauty walleye...certainly was beat up good. My buddy and me had a similar day on Friday...rain, rain and more rain...and like you the camera remained packed away because of it. Those cheap rain suits suck...lol...had 2 explode on me, you go to sit down...and...rrrrrip!

Nice eye Mike i didn't get a picture of mine Terry was to busy driven the boat

to take a picture it sure was wet out there and the wind came up a few times

it was a pleasure to meet you and Dan that is a nice ride he has see you guys

in a few weeks

Rob

Nice soggy report Mike. What a miserable day out there, yuck. Nice sized eye there, lots of battle scars for sure.

Hope you weren't talking on your cell phone and looking at your GPS while taking those pics while driving :whistling::P:lol:

Joey

I see a pattern forming here, you go out in your boat and not too much... go out in someone elses boat and you're a Superstar!!! :canadian:

Good on Dan for putting you on that fish! :thumbsup_anim:

When fish are that old and the water is that cold, you don't have to beat them into submission with a machete Mike! :w00t:

Just kiddin' ya Bubba! ;) Great report, pics, and fish!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Way to tough it out in miserable weather!!! You're lots tougher than me when it comes to cold weather! :stretcher:

Glad to see you got a nice walleye mike !!!! too bad about the crappy weather :dunno: ,when i knew the wind and rain were going to be like that i stayed home,but im going down this weekend for sure,dans new lund looks amazing ,and she is all decked out !!! :clapping: ill see ya in a few weeks...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I think yer gettin' a nibble Jed... :Gonefishing:

Mike, consider the following:

1. He's an ignorant hick turned arrogant billionaire...

2.If you post a lot of words with a report, some folks may feel inclined to pick it apart... we're just here for the pics Bubba...

3. Internet sticks and stones don't pack near the punch as real life sticks and stones...

4. At least he didn't bash you post count! ;)

Edited by GCD