My First Musky

sharper

Caught my first musky yesterday and from shore as well. I was using my jointed perch pattern rapala and 8lb test braid. It hit in the evening and I didn't have my camera with me so picture was taken with a cellphone hence the bad quality. It was my first musky so I wanted to share.

first_musky.JPG

Just an FYI guys, but catching muskies in tight to shore is certainly not unusual, infact it's extremely common. We regularily get them from a boat casting very tight towards the shore, infact many of our fish come from within 2' of shore in only a couple feet of water. I once got a 50"er in 1' of water and he was almost touching the shore.

Not much difference really from casting in tight to shore from a boat, or standing on shore and casting out and then retrieving back to shore.

The 1st musky my wife ever got was a 43"er from the dock on only the 2nd cast of the morning, infact anyone who has ever met my wife has heard the story many many times :lol::lol:

When we fish on Lake St. Clair in the fall we see shore bound fishermen bringing in BIG muskies on a regular basis.

I'm not trying to diminsh the accomplishment of Sharper, infact it's an extremely nice fish he got, I'm just letting you know that if you don't have a boat and are looking for muskies you have a very good chance of getting one using that method. :Gonefishing:

Just an FYI guys, but catching muskies in tight to shore is certainly not unusual, infact it's extremely common. We regularily get them from a boat casting very tight towards the shore, infact many of our fish come from within 2' of shore in only a couple feet of water. I once got a 50"er in 1' of water and he was almost touching the shore.

Not much difference really from casting in tight to shore from a boat, or standing on shore and casting out and then retrieving back to shore.

The 1st musky my wife ever got was a 43"er from the dock on only the 2nd cast of the morning, infact anyone who has ever met my wife has heard the story many many times :lol::lol:

When we fish on Lake St. Clair in the fall we see shore bound fishermen bringing in BIG muskies on a regular basis.

I'm not trying to diminsh the accomplishment of Sharper, infact it's an extremely nice fish he got, I'm just letting you know that if you don't have a boat and are looking for muskies you have a very good chance of getting one using that method. :Gonefishing:

Great info Lew

I still have a chance to catch one.. :thumbsup_anim: