Weekend at Big Cliff's!!!

ccmtcanada

If you recall, back in May, a bunch of us went to help Big Cliff put his dock in the for the season. He told us all that later in the summer, he'd have everyone who helped back over for some fun as a thank you for helping. Well, this past weekend was that time.

We (Bly, my youngest and I) headed up on Friday afternoon, and stayed the whole weekend. The others would arrive on Saturday.

Anyhow, we arrived there around 530pm, and sat and chatted with Big Cliff's wife, Sue until he came home. As soon as he arrived, my little one jumped up and was all excited! Big Cliff bbq'd some chicken for us for dinner....just as it was about done, the rain poured down! My little one was a little disappointed because she wanted to head to the docks to fish. After dinner, the rain had stopped, so we got a little dock time in.

BC01.jpg

I managed my only walleye of the weekend....a cute little guy...

BC02.jpg

We headed in, chatted for a while, had some ice cream and then headed off to sleep...it was an exhausting day!

Saturday morning, Bly took the boat out to do some fishing while I stayed back and occupied our little one. Beans showed up with his carp gear and went down to the dock. Well, as soon as Sydney saw this, she suddenly wanted to fish too and proceeded to catch lots of panfish.

Bly came back in from her outing mid morning...the bite was tough, but she did manage a few fish, including this bass.

BC03.jpg

After coming in, we were treated to an amazing brunch....pancakes, sausages, bacon and eggs....mmmmmm.....they really hit the spot! The weather was touch and go all day long, and when it looked like we had a few hours before the rains started again, Bly, Sydney and I headed out on the lake.

My little one outfished us yet again, jigging for fish....

BC04.jpg

The rains came about an hour earlier than expected so we headed off to the local marina, where we had our boat slipped in a covered area, and there was a ton of large panfish in there. Since the rain was coming down hard, we decided to let our little fish some more....she proceeded to get about a dozen of these guys.

BC05.jpg

We headed in, and saw that Jeff (Jeffbornfishin), Don (Tracker), Nanook (Jack) and his wife, and Beans' better half had all shown up while we were out! It was great to sit and chat with everyone again to catch up on our lives since we last met. I hope the Tangled Lines is feeling better Jeff...we missed her there. Here's a group shot of most of us from that day.....

BC06.jpg

After everyone left, we watched some Olympic events and then headed off to bed.

Sunday morning was weather perfect! Big Cliff and I decided to head out on the water. We had a feeling the fishing would be tough....the unstable weather and big cold front that came through overnight didn't point towards a good day on the water. At 6am though...the lake looked inviting!

BC07.jpg

As expected, the fishing was VERRRRRY slow, so we packed it in and came back to the dock to see my little one fishing yet again....LOL. She cant get enough of it.

BC08.jpg

Here she is with her new fishing partner....Andy!

BC09.jpg

Big Cliff and Sydney decided to feed some ducks before we...you guessed it....went out in Big Cliff's boat to see about catching a fish or two.

BC10.jpg

Once again, the fishing was tough, but Sydney did manage to catch an OFAH worthy Sunfish...measuring in at 9".

BC13.jpg

Here's a nice shot of Big Cliff and Sydney discussing fishing strategies.

BC14.jpg

At one point, her little jr. rod bent right over....she said that she had weeds, so she pulled and suddenly there was nothing. She reeled in her line and it was sliced right off!! Wonder if it was a muskie or walleye? I guess we'll never know.

We headed back in and it was time for us to leave. As you can tell here, my little one was a little sad to have to say goodbye and she wouldn't let Big Cliff go!

BC11.jpg

Thank you so much Big Cliff and Sue. We had a wonderful weekend...the fishing was tough but it's always great to spend time with you guys. We'll do it again soon!!

Edited by ccmt

Great report Cliff! I can't speak for everyone - but I sure had a great time. Thanks again to Big Cliff and his lovely wife, Sue for having me over.

Cliff and Bly - great to see and chat with you guys again, as always.

And I am happy to report that Beans and I got a chance for a chat and a fish, and no-one ended up in the water! - lol

Thanks again everyone for a great time.

Don

:thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

We always enjoy it when we can get together with friends and family be it fishing or just sitting around enjoying their company. Thanks again to all that helped make it such a wonderful weekend inspite of what the weather was doing, we are already looking forward to your next visits.

Sorry Maribeth couldn't stay to help brighten up the picture even more...

Here was a familiar sight at the dock...CCMT and Andy waiting to help Sydney land a fish...

Thanks again for having us Mr and Mrs. B. :thumbsup_anim:

Excellent report and pics Cliff!!!

I sure enjoyed my day :thumbsup_anim:

Big Cliff and Sue are just the greatest hosts...I wasn't there for very long and Don and I were headed out on the lake in Big Cliffs boat! Just said here ya go. Wow! Thanks again for that and an excellent meal :thumbsup_anim:

Was great to see and talk to everyone there...Sydney is such an entertainer!

Next time I wish for sunny skies and be able to bring the boat up.

Couldn't ask for a nicer group of folks!

:thumbsup_anim:

Can't add much to all the accolades posted here,except to say THANKYOU to Cliff and Sue for a great day. :clapping:

It was good to get chatting with Geoff, Don, Carol, Cliff [ccmt], Beans, not forgetting Sidney. :blahblah1:

Cliff and Sue were too busy being the perfect hosts{as usual] :worthy:

Best tasting 'Burger I've EVER had!!!

Guest Johnny Bass

Great report! Good to see the little one get into some panfish. Sounds like Big Cliff really goes all out for his guests!! I have heard nothing but good things about him. I was also moved by that last pic. Thanks for sharing.

We headed back in and it was time for us to leave. As you can tell here, my little one was a little sad to have to say goodbye and she wouldn't let Big Cliff go!

BC11.jpg

Thank you so much Big Cliff and Sue. We had a wonderful weekend...the fishing was tough but it's always great to spend time with you guys. We'll do it again soon!!

AND THAT PICTURE SAYS IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

A TOTALLY complete weekend spent with good friends. It just does not get any better than that.