What would you do?

Rich

Close to home fishin  

68 members have voted

1. 1. You're stuck at home with no vehicle yet at the same time no responsibilities for a few hours, you have the following choices what would you choose?

• Short walk - moderate sized carp ultra light gear
    • Short walk - little speckled trout and brownies
    • Long walk - quarry pit crappies possibly bass
    • Moderate walk - chance at bigger browns but far less bites possible skunk

I envy the fact you have such options withing walking distance. I can only walk for bass and pike and those spots are mennonite hotspots and so there's not really many fish there anymore.

The only fish I can walk to are my neighbour's Koi. Should I wacky rig for them, or go weedless?

JF

This is a cool way to do this Rich it was a lot of fun for me. Im making you go fish Specks. Because of my name. Personally I wouldnt fish carp if my life depended on it. But I know you enjoy it so if you go carping good luck. But if you go and fish Patterson or Kent better luck.

I didn't add to the vote becasue for me, not really applicable. But, I am one of the lucky ones I guess, I live so close to the Upper Niagara River that I can see it from the end of my driveway and depending on the time of year I can walk like 3-4 blocks and get into some great fishing..pending time of year...steelies,lakers,browns,walleye,pike,muskies,perch,smallies are right in the neighbourhood and readily available from shore :Gonefishing:

So the final consensus was to go for the speckies and browns. I headed out for about an hour to find that I can no longer access what was my best spot. Headed to another less favourable spot and just caught a few chub minnows before heading home. Oh well at least me and the dog got out of the house and enjoyed the day.

I envy the fact you have such options withing walking distance. I can only walk for bass and pike and those spots are mennonite hotspots and so there's not really many fish there anymore.

i totally understand what u mean man..

but at the same time, atleast u can get out for some pike or bass...

short walking distance for me means jiggin for turds( bbrown troutz) in the sewer

So the final consensus was to go for the speckies and browns. I headed out for about an hour to find that I can no longer access what was my best spot. Headed to another less favourable spot and just caught a few chub minnows before heading home. Oh well at least me and the dog got out of the house and enjoyed the day.

Rich sorry to hear that your favorite spot wasn't accessible.....but on a positive note, you got out fishing... to me that's number one :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for reporting!

Leechman

short and long are relative terms. What do you consider a short versus a long walk? To me short is around 5 minutes, moderate 15 and long might be half an hour. If you don't have a lot of time, I guess go with short. Got 3 or 4 hours I'd say go to the quarry...then again, sounds like I'm too late to offer any advice. Oh well, at least you got to play with your chub :D