A Lac Seul Beauty

mistyriver1

I'm on my way back from Sioux lookout but was dying to put at least this report up. I've got some other pics to load and I'll do that when I get home.

This past Monday, I had the pleasure of accompanying the owner of the lodge I stayed at and one of the guides for some musky fishing on Lac Seul. We headed out around 2:30.

We tried a few spots and then came to another. I was throwing a topwater and saw this giant following it in. I said "I've got a follow" and the guide said "speed it up". I did and she followed it right to the boat. As soon as I started my figure 8 ......BANG ...SHE NAILED IT. My rod bent in half almost instantly and Greg (our guide) had the fish in the net. I let out a huge YAAAAAA and I had my biggest fish of my life.

Here she is....52 inches and a 24 inch girth !!!!!!

DSC01546.jpg

DSC01544.jpg

Back you go Big Girl...thanks for one of the greatest moments of my fishing life.

DSC01548.jpg

We fished for a while after that and saw a total of 6 muskies that day. I lost another one but I did take some comfort in that she wasn't as big as the girl I landed.

I went out with another guy from the lodge last night and we saw another 7 fish. I can't describe how good the fishing is here. I've certainly enjoyed my time here.

Jim