3 muskies & 4 bald eagles

lew

I headed out just after 5:00 AM on Saturday in search of my weekly musky fix and as usual headed for shallow weedy water and started off tossing spinnerbaits but couldn't find a fish in the usual spots, so I headed to an area I haven't fished this year. I continued with the spinnerbaits & bucktails but the fish'n was tough without even a follow. By 8:00 the sun was high & bright and I decided to try a different approach and switched over to a white/pink Sledge which turned out to be the bait they were looking for as I got 2 fish in the next 10 minutes but that was it for the rest of the morning.

Sunday I was back on the water again at 5:00 AM and headed to another favorite shallow spot in the pencil reeds. I was tossing a large black spinnerbait well back into the reeds and just as it came into clear water I could see the torpedo wake coming from the left side about 10' away and watched as it homed in on the bait and nailed it about 30' out from the boat. That's always a blast to watch and a great way to start the day :thumbsup_anim:

I took this picture just after releasing the fish.

Cnv0119.jpg

I think the best part of my weekend though was getting up close & personal with 2 pairs of bald eagles sitting in a couple dead trees off to the side of the road near Bridgenorth.

I got my camera out and moved slowly towards them and got this pic of the 1st one.

Cnv0123.jpg

I was just getting ready to snap a pic of the 2nd male but he took off before I got it, but I took the pic anyways and got really lucky with this shot of him in flight.

These have got to be the most beautiful birds anywhere and it's really great to see so many of them moving into the Kawarthas.

Cnv0125.jpg

The other male and both females took off before I got anymore pics but it sure helped to make this a fabulous weekend.

Muskies & eagles........about as good as it gets :thumbsup_anim:

How big would a Musky have to be these days for you to consider taking a pic of it?... 50"... 55"?

I dunno Glen, it just depends on the fish & the situation I spose.

I've just gotten away from taking many pictures the last couple years, specially when I'm alone in the boat. It's less stress on the fish and besides, after awhile they all kinda look the same and I just don't really see the need to photograph them all.

I think I've only ever weighed one fish in my life and that was an 8 pound largemouth, I seldom measure a fish anymore and now I take very few pictures......jeeeeez, maybe I should just give up musky fish'n altogether :lol:

Lew, what would you do with yourself if you gave up musky fishing???? Take up knitting...........LOL!!

If I had caught as many 'skis as you i wouldn't bother either to photograph them unless it was a Monster!!!

I dunno Glen, it just depends on the fish & the situation I spose.

jeeeeez, maybe I should just give up musky fish'n altogether :lol:

Don't do that Lew!!!

I understand about not taking the pics while by yourself, it is a hassle and a lot more stress on the fish!

I really enjoy your sunrise pics!

Sounds and looks like a great weekend lew.Those eagles are a spectacular bird.I saw one in on Lingham lake 2 years ago while fishing alone.Everybody at the campsite thought I was nuts till the next day when it flew over our campsite!

Great pics.

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice shot of that bald eagle. Patrick seen something that looked like a bald eagle on Balsam this weekend. I'm like, nah...Couldn't be, since I didn't think they lived around here. Maybe it was a bald eagle. It was big and had a white head!!!

nice lew I have always loved the bald eagles they are such a great bird to watch in flight. Wish I could say the same about getting into some slime but it was about the little kids this weekend no musky well not alot I did toss a bait or two when we were drifting we did manage to get broken off by one when reeling in a perch there she was a small fish then nothing ???? Oh well not the first time on LSC for that I did also see two others follow a SM and another perch now if I could just figure out if them make a bait that looks like a perch.

Wow Lew, those pictures are wonderful.

That must have been very exciting. I've yet to see a bald eagle, but hope to soon.

Joey

C'mon up here Joey, virtually every lake and river has at least one on it.

Does that sound altruistic??? Hope not. Its just a fact of location.but

Still nice to see them though, but darned hard to get good pictures of them.

Congrats on the photo's Lew.

Excuse Bud.......'lil slow getting around to ya..

Awesome report as always...and the Boids.....

They are one of the most magnificent things in flight without a motor for sure..

Havent seem any in Ontaio yet but when we were in Jasper the year befor last they were plentiful..and what a sight.

I think I may have poste d a pic from way back then but I know I did get a pic of one of them in flight picking a Jackfish outta the water ..dropping it..then milisec's..getting it again very successfully....the jack..PIKE...was most likely about 14-16" lenght but quite the site just the same.

WTG and aw4esome report Bud........