------ -------- Heat Wave --------- ------

Clampet

I saw a few drivers in late model vehicles with their windows down and moping their brows from the high heat and humidity conditions here in the GTA today. They obviously chose to endure the heat instead of lowering their fuel economy running the A/C.

Get used to the heat, do you think this years massive snow fall was a fluke?? Get real!!! Hotter summer= warmer water Ie the great lakes = more significant snow fall!!!! We are going to have more and more days like this every year. Global Warming is real folks maybe not for the reason's Al Gore is filling theaters with but it is getting hotter... Buy a fan, and about October start getting your snow blower ready, when the snow flies this year it will be more than last years record dumps... Oh ya don't expect lots of rain either, but when it does rain expect a lot!!! :wallbash:

when the snow flies this year it will be more than last years record dumps.

Nice. It will be easier to follow the blood trail then.LOL

I would not dought we will see a few tornados this summer. Last nights down pour here,came fast and furious.Out of no where, It happens just that fast.

Clampit,I had my windows down too,just saving on the fuel,but if it gets to hot,I,ll just stop by the bay here,take a dip and then be on my way. B)

:blahblah1::wallbash:

Good gawd....we finally get a nice hot day, and people are whining already. I worked outside all day, and came home to cut my 1/2 acre lawn that hasn't been cut for a week, with a push mower!! No AC for me either!!

Get over it!! Its only just begun......may as well just get out in it and climatize yourself. Sitting inside in the AC is just gonna make you sick......might want to try fishing.....its actually quite fun!!!!

Sinker

I am just conserving energy....embarrassed to admit that I was too tired to stop by the Brewer's Retail on my way home...maybe a walk over there tonight for some ice cold refreshment :) HHMMmmmm...and some catfish in the pond out back?? HMMMmmm.....just a little while longer inside :)

Sitting inside in the AC is just gonna make you sick......might want to try fishing.....its actually quite fun!!!!

Can I do that from inside the car? My southern friends have got it figgered out. They spearfish, the Hawaiian Sling kind, not the frog sticker kind. It's nice and cool at 60 or 80 FSW.

JF

I love heat!!

Shower couple of times a day and you guys are all set lol

I just really dislike snow and will take anything but snow and cold winds.

I would rather wake up and put my shorts on and go to work then wake up put my jacket and my boots on and go clean my car thats covered with snow lol.

Thats the way i look at it.

I was outside this morning around 8am fishing underneath a tree. It was chilly in the morning til the sun moved directly over. And the heat and the winds died right down. By then the sun was over head and the heat was bad so I left. Even the fish (carp) was turned off with this heat wave. They were even hitting but they were definately swimming around you could see them floating on the surface. So they are having a hard time too.

dsn

:blahblah1::wallbash:

Good gawd....we finally get a nice hot day, and people are whining already. I worked outside all day, and came home to cut my 1/2 acre lawn that hasn't been cut for a week, with a push mower!! No AC for me either!!

Get over it!! Its only just begun......may as well just get out in it and climatize yourself. Sitting inside in the AC is just gonna make you sick......might want to try fishing.....its actually quite fun!!!!

Sinker

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Come on down here and I'll show y'all what hot and humid really is... and not just for a few weeks either!

I checked the long range forecast for North Bay for my stay at Lakair in a couple weeks. Looks real nice this week then goes back down into the mid 70's for highs and 50's for lows... I'll be freezin, wearin lots of clothes too!

No heat here, but we had over 80 millimetres of rain today. I've never seen anything like it. They've declared a state of emergency in some rural areas and are evacuating people. I'm still gonna go fishing in the morning though. :thumbsup_anim:

Global warming......... What a joke!

Do some research and you will find that some no buddy at his own home found some major mistakes in there input!

These mistakes prove that global warming is not true!

Its not a reason to not improve our ways........... but it sure isnt what they put it up to be!

anyone that actually thinks humans can destroy earth as quick as they claim is a sucker!

all marketing ........

buy this because it saves the earth!!!!

Global warming......... What a joke!

Do some research and you will find that some no buddy at his own home found some major mistakes in there input!

These mistakes prove that global warming is not true!

Its not a reason to not improve our ways........... but it sure isnt what they put it up to be!

anyone that actually thinks humans can destroy earth as quick as they claim is a sucker!

all marketing ........

buy this because it saves the earth!!!!

You got that right MRM.

Are any of you boys old enough to remember the '70's when they were preaching Global Cooling ? ? ?

The earth is ALWAYS changing just ask the dinosaurs :)

If Al Gore is so smart how come we are stuck with the nit wit :)

BTW for those who believe in Global Warming how many bridges do you own ;)

Now back on topic. When it's hot, fish in early morning and drink Labatts Ice the rest of the day :)

I saw a few drivers in late model vehicles with their windows down and moping their brows from the high heat and humidity conditions here in the GTA today. They obviously chose to endure the heat instead of lowering their fuel economy running the A/C.

I spent the afternoon visiting my Grandmother who I believe still had the heat on.... I did come home to try old air conditioner just to see if it would work or if I would be going to Sears early tomorrow.

BTW 99% of cars made in the last 10 years get better fuel economy with the windows up and the A/C than with the windows down at over 80KPH. Less wind resistance.... is the main reason.

Bring it on!

The heat that is...

30+ with humidity is just what the doctor ordered for me.

This Spring sucked...got snowed on while camping in May and its been cool and rainy all dam spring, and I am ready to bake a bit.

I work in a kitchen were the heat can pass 45 degree's behind the line, and It does't bother me a bit.

Sure...I sweat, but then Again I ain't made of sugar, so its not like I'll melt?

Global warming you say?...

No such thing as Global warming in Ontario!

Radical and sudden changes in the weather "are the Norm" here

From 15 degrees to 30 back to 20 down to 15, and back up to 30 in June is nothing I've not seen before.

I've worn shorts on the March break, and swam the lake in November, broke ice in a puddle in September, and been Snowed on for the May 24 weekend several times over....

Its nothing new, and thats what I love about Ontario!

If you don't like the weather....Wait a day and see what happens.

I cannot stand the Heat. Big Fellas like me prefer colder weather!

In the winter I keep adding layers but in the summer I can only take so much off before I get arrested :D

same here. I'm dying when it hits about 25C...that's my teetering point between constant sweating and being comfortable. I wear shorts all year long at work and havn'et owned a proper winter coat in over 25 years. I've been wearing windbreakers in the winter since my parents stopped choosing my clothes for me. I also grew up in the north and never got used to the humid heat waves in SWO.

I agree with greenhouse being hype. At this point, it's not only marketing but there's a multibillion dollar industry built around it and none of those people are willing to dump the idea that's paying them so well. World climate is cyclical, that's a proven fact based on various geological data..the earth has had warm periods before, we are in one now, and it won't be the last. Another thing that kills me is polar ice and rain forest. If you look at isolated areas, yes, they're disappearing/shrinking, and that's all they want you to focus on because that's what keeps the donations and corporate cheques rolling in. What these people don't want you to know is that in other areas of the world, the ice and rainforests are growing and expanding.

Heat wave? I'm indoors all day and our building is still radiating the cold from the winter. Went out last night to fish. It was foggy. Got one follower to the boat and that was it. Ran into another guy on the water. Decided to zip back to the dock and both go out in one boat for some eyes. Out till one caught a 3 and 6 pound (roughly) eye, 3.5 smally and a rocker smaller than the lure. No camera so no entries for the team. Oh ya, had to wear pants and a sweater, it was nice and cool on the water. Got slapped when we hit shore though. Guess I know where I'll be spending a lot of my time.

Get used to the heat, do you think this years massive snow fall was a fluke?? Get real!!! Hotter summer= warmer water Ie the great lakes = more significant snow fall!!!! We are going to have more and more days like this every year. Global Warming is real folks maybe not for the reason's Al Gore is filling theaters with but it is getting hotter... Buy a fan, and about October start getting your snow blower ready, when the snow flies this year it will be more than last years record dumps... Oh ya don't expect lots of rain either, but when it does rain expect a lot!!! :wallbash:

That is what I would have said three weeks ago...but after studying the subject intensely for an culminating assignment it came out that the scientists from the UN have said that although global warming has been present in the past, it appears that the earth has not warmed since 2000. Hard to believe I know, but stay with me. They are now calling this "global change". SO yes, the ice caps are melting at an alarming rate, yes we are changing the climate BUT since the year 2000 for every 0.1 degree one continent has increased, somewhere else in the world has decreased.

I take no credit for this theory, im sure if you guys look hard enough you will find it too. Its in a report from the UN science dept. somewhere.

I just love how it went from, man made global warming,too global warming too climate change.

I've been a out side worker for 30 years, and the last heat wave I remember was 2000.

A true heat wave is when the day temp and night temp only fluctuates 3 degree for 5

full days.

i love ontario but our weather sucks its either to freakin cold or melt your face hot fall is nice but its to short.i can see it now 30plus not a stitch of wind sweat rolling dowm my face flipping docks for bass,no thanks night fishing is much nicer.