Simcoe Mixed bag - Lots of pics.

fishnsled

I figured that I was over due for a fishing report so here ya go.

I ran into a buddy of mine at a party last Saturday night. We got chatting about trying to get some time on the water together and how difficult it has been. Lincoln has his own business that he's started up and as most of you know that can be quite demanding of your time. He does animal control - skunks, raccoons, birds, bats and even did a beaver the other day that had made it's way onto someone's gazebo. :w00t: Anyways were trying to pick a day to go out and I told him that I had a seat in the boat for the next day. He did some pleading with his girlfriend (actually he just asked, she's pretty cool!) and she said go ahead. :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: Lincoln must have really wanted to go as he left the part before I did! lol!

I should mention that Lincoln is the king of the camera. I've never known anyone to snap off as many shots as he does. The following shots are a very small sample of the pics he took of our day together. I'll let the pictues do most of the talking. The next morning I picked up him up just after 5:30am and was surprised he was moving, if you know what I mean. He needed a bit food to get the day going.

Nothing like some cheese to settle the stomach?? :dunno:

med_gallery_103_143_77162.jpg

After loading up we headed over to Timmy's for some munchies and coffee. I should mention that with all the bad press that Timmy's been getting that I'd share some good. The staff were very friendly for that time of the morning and the server went out of her way to get Lincoln his flavour of Timbit. ;) Thumbs up to the Timmy's in Brooklin.

Some snacks for the day. You'd think I was the one with the hangover and I only had 2 beers all night.

med_gallery_103_143_55019.jpg

A couple of pics from the trip up.

med_gallery_103_143_50326.jpg

med_gallery_103_143_12093.jpg

At the launch.

med_gallery_103_143_40.jpg

Some new "friends" that blew a stop sign to get in front us, failed to pay on the way into the park and still left the launch after us. We stopped to grab this picture.

med_gallery_103_143_55824.jpg

Out on spot #1 we marked lots, had a few bumps and saw a couple caught but nothing boated for us.

Where's the fish?

med_gallery_103_143_8521.jpg

He's got one.

med_gallery_103_143_15722.jpg

Lots of bugs.

med_gallery_103_143_60712.jpg

Move locations and the bugs came along, water was pretty rough as well.

med_gallery_103_143_50625.jpg

But we finally got onto them!

med_gallery_103_143_70024.jpg

Hooked in the mouth too!! Notice the eggs coming out of her, a bit late for this I think but it was in 70ft of water!

Not to be out done it was my turn.

med_gallery_103_143_60019.jpg

Lincoln decided he wanted to down size a bit and threw out a crappie jig and grub rig I had in the boat and nailed this.

med_gallery_103_143_10967.jpg

After the pics and release I figure that there is going to be a battle today. So not to be out done I pulled up this guy.

med_gallery_103_143_63303.jpg

Lincoln replies with this one.

med_gallery_103_143_56699.jpg

At this point there's no way I'm going to loose this so I pull up this one.

med_gallery_103_143_79189.jpg

Followed by this one.

med_gallery_103_143_24326.jpg

:D :D :D

Just an AWESOME day on the water with a very good friend. And no there never really was a battle just some good fishing that really did go back and forth like a tennis match. And now for the money shot, next time I'll have dinner at your place.

med_gallery_103_143_32248.jpg

Thanks for a great day and let's not wait so long until the next time. Sunday right?? :Gonefishing::D

Edited by fishnsled

looks like a great day on the water, a good mixed bag and a bit of friendly competition along the way..nothing like a good day on the water ended with a big chow down like you guys where cooking up there :Gonefishing:

Great report and pics. Lincoln was the residence building advisor at SSFC during my first year there. Great guy, and good to hear he's his own boss and doing well.

Hopefully the fishing is just as good tomorrow, my buddy wants to catch his first whitefish.

Any leftovers, or a tentative date for the next BBQ? :whistling:

Guest Johnny Bass

Excellent report. The Laker was a bonus! And that Barbeque shot? Are you feeding a big family or are you related to Daryl Chronzy?lol

....and even did a beaver the other day

This is a family board Will.... :o

Excellent report!! Looked like a great day to be on the water....and all the food....man...I'm getting more and more hungry each time I see that bbq shot!!

Excellent report!! Looked like a great day to be on the water....and all the food....man...I'm getting more and more hungry each time I see that bbq shot!!

I managed to restrain myself Cliff..........just couldn't leave it alone huh?

I managed to restrain myself Cliff..........just couldn't leave it alone huh?

You guys are too much! :D

It certainly would have been cool if it was a greyling Brian. I haven't caught on of those in 20+ years now but we were a little to far south for them. That was however the smallest whitefish I've seen come out of the lake.

TbayBoy, There are shrimp in Simcoe, really there are and pigs are well, notice the pork chops on the BBQ?! :rolleyes::whistling: I wasn't even at the BBQ JB but it certainly looks like a meal that would satisfy Cronzy and he is no relation to myself or Lincoln. :D

Thanks for the replies and hopefully we'll get them on Sunday HH.