Finally Finished the Boat

Doctrt

I've finished decking out my 14 foot aluminum. Started out with an aluminum floor. Now I've got tons of deck space and storage. Check it out!!

IMGP1397_1.JPG

IMGP1851_1.JPG

IMGP1866_1.JPG

IMGP1873_1.JPG

IMGP1920_1__1.JPG

IMGP1915_1__1.JPG

IMGP1981.JPG

IMGP1985.JPG

Edited by Doctrt

I was going to do the exact same thing at the front on mine aswell..........but talked myself outa it thinking it may be to top heavy.

Ended up setting floor level at same height as rear.

Be curious to know if it is ok like it is.

Also got any pics of how u mounted the rear seat?

Want to change where and how mine were mounted.....

Edited by MoiraRiverMan

The way I looked at it I was standing on the seats all the time anyway. The floor is now at that same level. It's definitely not tippy the way it is. Even with the trolling motor (which is the heaviest of all the upgrades). As far as the seat goes I just carpetted the wood that was on the seat in the first place and bolted the swivel to the wood. Here's a pic.

IMGP1986.JPG

sweet..........

going to add wood on the tops off my bench seats like that to.......... good idea

guy had bent aluminum brackets mounted on bench seat to bolt swivel seat to............dosent work so good............

will do mine like yours......

Thanks

Looks good! :thumbsup_anim:

As you said the added weight in the bow would help to get her down when alone. And yes the possibility of it becoming top heavy could be a consideration and the fact that you have taken away some of the boats weight carrying capacity if you were to take along a couple of passengers, especially if they are on the heavy side. Just something to keep in mind.

That is great, looks like it was bought that way, really tidy job, I should show my buddy Matt this, he has mushrooms growing on his wooden false floor. every year he says he will fix it (known him 2 yrs), he would have an excuse if he liked mushrooms, but he doesn't!

Looks good! :thumbsup_anim:

As you said the added weight in the bow would help to get her down when alone. And yes the possibility of it becoming top heavy could be a consideration and the fact that you have taken away some of the boats weight carrying capacity if you were to take along a couple of passengers, especially if they are on the heavy side. Just something to keep in mind.

Can't have it all!

The boat is 14 ft.....it looks like it fits 2 very comfortably (after mods). 3 biggies might be hard on the weight limit without the deck also.

forrest

As far as a weight limit goes, I think we put that concern to rest a few weeks ago. Had two biggies in the boat, other than myself (2Tone can vouch for them being "biggies"). Easily 600 lbs of fishing fury (for the three of us), and all went off without a hitch. Now, we weren't blazing the water with any speed but we got around just fine. Here are a few high res pics.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/DoctrT/IMGP1982.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/DoctrT/IMGP1985.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/DoctrT/IMGP1987.jpg