Excellent Service From Cabelas !!

lew

I phoned Cabelas this past Friday and ordered a GPS / Sonar combo and was told it would arrive in 7 business days, so figuring the weekend and then the New Years holidays, I wasn't expecting it till sometime early next week, but darned if it didn't arrive this morning.

Kinda nice when you receive even better service than your expecting ;)

Only problem is my boat is hibernating in a barn 100 miles from here and I won't get a chance to install and use my new toy for another 4 months :dunno:

Cnv1790.jpg

Cabelas has much better service than BassPro when it comes to mail order, mainly because Cabelas uses UPS for everything and BassPro uses the post office for their ground shipping.

I don't know if you do the credit card thing or not Lew, but if you do... check into getting a Cabelas Visa Rewards card. I don't know how many hundreds of dollars of free stuff I've gotten from them by using their card!

That's great Lew, I ordered Paul's Christmas gift from them and all three items were here within a week (the week before Christmas no less), so I was very impressed. That was the third time I ordered from them and I'm pleased with their product and service.

Speaking of good service, Paul and I finally decided our old camera was not good enough any more after his pics from BOQ a few weeks ago all turned out fuzzy, so Thursday night we decided to go to our Airmiles site and see what cameras we could get for the airmiles we had. We decided on the Canon Powershot A430 and I ordered. I got my confirmation by email stating it would be 4 to 6 weeks. Well, guess what, it arrived today by Purolator. I was astounded like you were Lew, right after the Christmas rush too. So Kudos to Airmiles Reward Miles too :thumbsup_anim:

Joey

Edited by Joey

Very nice Lew!

By the time the boat comes out, you should have the manual memorized and be ready to go.

dk

PS - GCD, I have the Cabela's Visa and use it for all our gas purchases, and love cashing in the points for free gear!!

Nice unit. The guide I was with down in Florida had one. Spot a hump push a button, go on fishing, then easy to navigate back to the hump.

Cabelas is way out front of Bass Pro. Last time my wife ordered me something from Bass Pro as a birthday present it came UPS, (the brown dog). Between brokerage and shipping I it came to over $50.

We all learned from that one now she gives me BPS gift cards