Turkey (Hunting Pics)

huntervasili

Well I got a nice ol tom about 710 this morning... Locator didn't get them talking so I was dissapointed but I had faith in the spot where I was so remained. at about 640 I heard the first gobble in response to my clucking and sure enough after 5 minutes a turkey comes out. A hen mind you but that meant a Tom would be in behind, and I was right. While the hen was feeding within 30 yards the Tom decided to put on a show for my decoys, about 55 yards out, thats 20 yards or so out of my range. sure enough some soft clucking brought him in, inch by inch quite literally. The bugger was strutting so close but so far away. Finally he got in within range and he made a mistake, he stuck out that big 'ol ugly head and got clobbered. Here is my trophy!

Turkey1.jpg

Thats a real nice bird Bill.

Saddly my morning was filled with disappointment with having to argue with two guys that tresspassed and shot a huge Tom 100 yards from me.

I wont go into it as this is your thread and congrats.

I don't know yet which way I will mount it... but the options I am looking at are: Full mount, Tail mount, tail and back mount regardless I would have the beard and tail mounted at the least. Its Quick, Cheap and the bird doesn't have to be skinned.