What type of fishing do you love to death?

Guest Fishing For Life

What type of fishing do you love to death?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. What type of fishing do you love to death?

• Trout / Steelhead
    • Salmon
    • Pike
    • Musky
    • Walleye
    • Pickerel
    • Crappie
    • Small Mouth Bass
    • Large Mouth Bass
    • Carp
    • Perch

I love the thrill of musky fishing although the outings are very limited. Ahhh ... the thought of what might just be lurking out there. Sure glad "Catching" was not part of the poll. Second would have to be bass.

Edited by Rich Clemens

I picked steelhead, but it really depends on the time of year. Going after steelhead in the tribs in July just wont happen. For fall, winter (when possible) and early spring, it's steelies. I love going after walleye and muskie in the fall, pike and carp in the spring, and bass in the hot days of summer when other fish are harder to catch.

I picked crappie, but there is a time of year for them all. I can't just pick one! I love them all to death! In a couple weeks it will be pickeral/whities/lakers........then musky........it just keeps going in a vicious circle all year round. :)

Sinker

For several years, after I arrived in the Kawarthas, I considered everything except Musky to be bait!

However, I have converted to SMBass as my favourite, with LMBass a close second.

Part of this is because the lighter tackle doesn't wear me out as fast and part is the number of fish per-hour...I'm a more-is-better kind of guy...HAHAHA.

I voted largemouth bass... but really anything large or smallmouth bass is great... can't beat that over the lilypad heart-racing action... unless it is in the french river casting a mile with the wind and the spinner bait just touches the water and BAM!!!! there is a 5 pound smallie on.... nothing fights like a smallie!!!!... oh I need to go fishing!!!

My interpretation of the question is loving a fish from catching to eating.

Those Muskie don't taste so good. I voted perch because they are fun for whole family to catch. Other little fish I "love" to death:

-Pickerel

-Pike

-Bass

forrest

Guest Fishing For Life

Ever since I started fishing 2 years ago ...

Steelheading is the only one which got me crazy into ..

not sure why .. that is why I asked you all =)

Tough one as I think style of fishing affects it as much as species but I picked Smallmouth. Smallmouth wading in the Grand was probably the most fun I had last year but muskies are a very close second (smallies winning out due to the fact that I don't need a boat)