A new friend

Dano

There was a dog hanging around one of my work sites and the first time I met him, I thought he belonged to the house we were working on as he'd come in and spend the day with us, just hanging around and getting well fed every lunchtime. I thought he was a fine looking dog.

A few weeks later I was back at the site, and he was still hanging around. I mentioned to someone how much I liked the dog and he told me that the dog was in need of a home. I thought he was joking, but it turned out the dog didnt belong to the house, he belonged to the farmer next door who was moving and couldnt take the dog with him. I knocked on his door and got no answer so I left my card with a note asking him to call me regarding the dog.

Later that night, I got a call from him asking me if I had taken his dog as he hadnt come home for supper. I said no I hadnt, and wouldnt, without talking to him first, he said "You want him, take him". Well it turned out he had been overlooked by the walkaround guy and was locked in the house all night.

I went to see if he was around on Friday, if he was, I was taking him, if he wasnt, well so be it.

He was there.

4 professional baths, grooming, vet visits and boosters, new dog bowls,collar,leash etc. etc.

I think he is a fine looking dog, 1 1/2 yrs old, his personality is wonderful and he is smart. He has never been on a leash, had a collar on, been to the vet, I have only had him one day and he is walking on a leash wonderfully.

Say hi to Beau the wonder dog.....

gallery_42_14_14486.jpg

gallery_42_14_82041.jpg

Edited by Dano

FANTASTIC. Thats the way to get pets....find them. lol

I have a cat i found minnow trapping. She ismost amazing cat i have ever seen..acts like a dog and wants to play all the time. Sometimes you just get lucky.

congrats on the new addition.

-R-

Nice to see you gave him a home just can't understand why the previous owner would neglect such a fine young animal.

Problem today is many pet owners are committed to adopting a pet for life and that is the only way it should be

if one can't do this then they should not have a pet in the first place.

:thumbsup_anim: MTP