new lures

forrest

unpack or leave in box?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. So what do you do with new lure booty?

• Leave the lures in the box
    • Unpack them all and put them in the tackle box
    • Open a few key onese and leave the rest in boxes
    • Open most and leave a few that you wish you did not buy

First

I unpack them all. Upgrade all the hooks unless they are high quality from the start. I personally use the Daichi's and then I put hook guards on all of them. Place them in the corosponding boxes. Label the boxes with a waterproof label. I started using Bullfrog anti-rust emitter strips so there is no moisture in the boxes. When all of this is done I take and catalogue all of them for insurance purposes. I have a very large bait collection now so thats a big factor of mine. I have some swimbaits worth over $150 us right down to the $1.00 baits. Some people collect other stuff, I collect fishing gear. THere are a few guys here that have sen my bait collection and have called m crazy. I have now switched to all the new line of Falcon Tackle storage boxes. They are cheap and store stuff very well. The jig box cant be beat. I also collect lures. I have some over 20 years and till have yet to be opened.

The most important thing is to take pics of the stuff each year as you are putting it in the boat or whatever. Insurance companies can be sots when it comes to this stuff.

Edited by smalliefisher

First

I unpack them all. Upgrade all the hooks unless they are high quality from the start. I personally use the Daichi's and then I put hook guards on all of them. Place them in the corosponding boxes. Label the boxes with a waterproof label. I started using Bullfrog anti-rust emitter strips so there is no moisture in the boxes. When all of this is done I take and catalogue all of them for insurance purposes. I have a very large bait collection now so thats a big factor of mine. I have some swimbaits worth over $150 us right down to the $1.00 baits. Some people collect other stuff, I collect fishing gear. THere are a few guys here that have sen my bait collection and have called m crazy. I have now switched to all the new line of Falcon Tackle storage boxes. They are cheap and store stuff very well. The jig box cant be beat. I also collect lures. I have some over 20 years and till have yet to be opened.

The most important thing is to take pics of the stuff each year as you are putting it in the boat or whatever. Insurance companies can be sots when it comes to this stuff.

Ya..thats what I do too. Not

Unpack and in the box. I typically have two boxes with me. One is those old plastic milk crates filled with downspout and the larger lures. Smaller box with some of the smaller baits and extra terminal tackle. I usually have a third box that I keep in the cabin with duplicates and the lesser used baits.

You can buy lures in a box. Huh, I have always made my own jigs.

Is this something like getting fish in a box like when we are walleye trolling Lake Erie we always hear on the VHS radio from other boats "We got 4 fish in the box". To this day I have never caught any walleyes that where in a box. I guess this year I will be trying some of these lures in a box you all speak of. :w00t: