Birthday Steelhead with Canadiancopper!

Bly

I got a PM from Canadiancopper saying that for my birthday, he'd like take me fishing for some chrome! I scrambled to make arrangements for watching the children and I was all set. It's always a learning experience fishing with him...my only instructions were to tie up some roe bags.

We met at 7am and headed to trib number 1. Conditions were high and muddy, but we decided to try a few drifts anyways. We tried a few different spots, but decided that we wouldn't waste a whole lot of time here. Back to the car and off to trib number 2. Conditions here were better...waters stained and windy! We start drifting when I spy some structure. On my second drift, the float goes down and I start a tussle with a fair sized male steelie. Once it was landed, it was pretty feisty and I barely got a chance to take a pic before it squirmed a little to much and made it's way to the water. My camera took a strange pic, but I know....no pic, no proof....well, here it is....and I swear, I didn't use photoshop.

trout-1.jpg

A while later, I was aiming to drift by some structure again and after a few attempts at getting it where I wanted, my float goes down. CC at this point was pretty far from me when I landed it, but someone who was close by was nice enough to take this pic for me.

carole1.jpg

CC did pretty well too.....landing a few himself....

scott1.jpg

scott2.jpg

All in all, had a great day out there as usual with CC. It's always a learning experience when I spend time with him out on the tribs. Thanks CC...it was a great birthday present....maybe next time you'll catch some bigger fish....LOL. (I know you let me catch the bigger ones because it was birthday....right?)

Great report you two! Something is seriously wrong here....I'm at the office working, with a bad back....and you're out fishing with CC. LOL.

Edit....Cliff wrote this...didn't pay attention to who was logged in.....LOL

Edited by bly

TX FOR THE KIND WORDS CAROL.

I LIKE TO FISH DIRTY WATER BUT THAT FIRST TRIB WAS MUD LOL

WE GET TO THE SECOND TRIB AND NOT EVEN 2 DRIFTS LATER CAROLS ALREADY SHOWIN ME UP LOL

WAS HARD FISHIN TODAY.WATERS VERY COLD AND VERY FEW CAUGHT. SO WE DID PRETTY WELL COMPARED TO MOST.

ITS ALWAYS GREAT TO GO OUT WITH CAROL. I FILL HER HEAD WITH SOME KNOWLEDGE AND SHE FILLS MY BELLY WITH FOOD LOL HER MOTHERING NATURE KICKED IN AND SHE PACKED US BOTH A LUNCH!!! TX MOM LOL

SUCKERS ARE IN NOW TOO!!! SEEN A FEW CAUGHT!!! YEAH!!! NOT!!!.

GREAT OUTING AND HOPE TO DO IT AGAIN SOON!!!

Well Bly, I see you moved up from Hobbits and are now fishing with Ogres. :devil:

Nice day out you two.

Now that one's funny (had me howling). Nice fish guys. It's not that the fish was bigger Carole, it's just your hands are smaller. Isn't that what they say, find a girl with small hands and it makes your :oops: look bigger? LOL!

Edited by kennyman

Umm...........that first fish picture is a bit "sketchy".

Congrats on the birthday chrome.

What??? :whistling:

Can't you tell that it's the rare albino, overbite Steelhead?

Ok ok ok...it wasn't photoshopped....but I did use MS Paint.

happy B-day Carol...great chatting with you on Sunday by the way.....nice job on the couple of bows...I was expecting a double digit day from you guys today, but I guess its going to be a few more days before she clears up an conditions get prime...Nice fish anyway...SUCKERS, NOOOOOOOOOO....ya I saw one caught on the weekend too and my heart dropped..

Edited by jdmls

I feel for ya on the strange pic (stay tuned ;) )

Great report and pics!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Looks like it's getting a little warmer up there eh!!! B)

Thanks Glen

Stay tuned you say??

Weather was nice enough that I almost took my jacket off lol

happy B-day Carol...great chatting with you on Sunday by the way.....nice job on the couple of bows...I was expecting a double digit day from you guys today, but I guess its going to be a few more days before she clears up an conditions get prime...Nice fish anyway...SUCKERS, NOOOOOOOOOO....ya I saw one caught on the weekend too and my heart dropped..

LOL Cliff caught a real beauty just after you left on the weekend.

Nice report!

First pool upstream from the mouth of *i**** right? (No need to answer if you don't want to)

If so, FYI you should have been there on Sunday... I've never seen so many fish caught in one spot. It was a steel massacre. Looks like you missed it by 1 day. :oops: