What Do You Do?

Pigeontroller

I run a residential heating and cooling company. Work to 2 wonderful retired owners who are amazing employers. Treat myself and family really well and who understand that there are just some days where it is more important to be on the water than in the office.

Wouldn't trade it for much right now, unless Whopper's job paid really well.

I've been running a successful business for 17 years now providing mechanical design drafting services to local industry and I truly enjoy it. :D The projects I work on always provide new challenges and no two jobs are the same.

I have also done lots of home renovation plans and new home plans (architectural drafting), but I can no longer do that as the Ontario Gov't. has come out with new Building Code regulations that prevent me from being able to do those drawings, even tho' I have approx. 35 yrs. drafting experience. :angry: That is unless I want to spend 2K on Bull courses and then pay approx. 6K/yr for Bull insurance. Apparently the Gov't. does not feel I am qualified, yet a home owner with no experience in this field is allowed to provide their own drawings (doesn't this sound like typical government??) :blink: . Fortunately, the bulk of my work comes from industry and not residential. :thumbsup_anim:

Dax, those buildings in your picture....I help Underwrite the Insurance required to build them.

Generally I help Underwrite highway projects/extensions, large scale building/condo projects, hospitals, etc.

Liar, your a coffee queen, now get to work and get me a coffee :lol:

Guest Trophymuskie

I have owned and operated a painting contracting business since 1993 as well as a guiding business since 2000.

So when I'm not out fishing I'm painting.

I'm thinking of starting another small business of flipping houses in the winter, all I need is to find a financier. Anyone interested ? Then the painting business can be sold.

For almost 3 years now, owning and running a hearing clinic in Markham that does hearing testing, hearing aids and devices, providing counseling and information for hearing related topics.

It's surprising how many younger people are still blasting away their ears now and find their hearing dammaged a little later in life. :dunno:

All you in the construction biz or around loud machinery, please wear proper hearing protection!! :blahblah1:

dba for a company in the trace detection business. we build explosive and narcotic "sniffers" among other things. if you've been through an intl airport or other high security area, you've propably been sniffed by our machines.

I work for a local commercial heat-treater. I work in both aluminum and molten salt baths. We do agricultural and auto parts. We have done everything from buggy springs for the Mennonites to parts for aerospace like the Canada-arm on the space shuttle.

Edited by jediangler

Multimedia technician at our local university, covering everything from delivering equipment to classrooms, doing equipment maintenance, video conferencing, reserving videos from other ontario universities, installations of data projectors, screens, wiring, videoconferencing equipment, ordering new equipment for installations, scheduling equipment usage for classes and meetings, training profs and admins in usage of equipment, etc. etc. etc. kind of a jack of all trades sometimes.

Sounds a bit wierd, but I get to meet new students, older students, professionals, industry professionals, politicians, and some famous people also(recently Gwynn Dyer, whom I have met before, and I think he remembered me, lol),

I just do everything possible in my job to make the students experience in university a good experience, from the technology standpoint at least.

Howdy,

Been working as a Receiving Manager / Purchaser at a large resort on Lake Muskoka, close to Gravenhurst.

I work here but could never afford to stay or golf here.

Looking at the lake right now and it appears that the damn thing will never freeze.

Oh well, COME ON BASS SEASON !!!

Happy New Year All,

Hookset.