Introduction

Reef Runner

Hi all,

New to the board and would like to start by saying you have an absolutley great resource here and an even better group of members. :clapping:

My name's Mike and I'm a fishaholic. I'm facing some serious withdrawal here and can't wait until May spring opener; at that, I'm likely not alone, lol. I've been on the rod and reel since I can remember. My most targeted species are of the essox family. Currently, I live in Mississauga but work in Toronto in IP law.

When May opener swings around you can find me chuckin' spinner baits in the Kawartha's. Further into the season I'm chasin' some G-Bay giants in June and bushwackin' into some back-lake bassin'. Caught my first ever salmon during the run this fall and will be back for another.

Just bought myself a digital camera for Christmas so I can take pics of my tales out on the water. Would like to upload a couple testers here but can't seem to get it working at the moment...link to a post on uploading pics?

I look forward to contributing to this wonderful community in the months and catches ahead. Tight lines and best of luck to all in 2008.

reefrunner :Gonefishing:

Hi Reefrunner, Great introduction. Welcome to the board. :thumbsup_anim:

As far as receiving help for your fishaholic condition-don't expect any here. Your problem may only get worse.

Ok, sign up at www.photobucket.com. Once signed up, you log in. Upload pictures to photobucket. Now once it is uploaded, there are 3 codes for that picture right below. If you want to post it directly to the post on OFC, hilight the tag/code then right click and finally go to your post and right click and paste. If you have more that one picture make sure you put the copied tag/code under each other. If you put the code side by side you will make a mess.

Edited by Bernie

Geez. Cruisin' around the community for no longer than ten minutes and already a helping hand. Thank's a stringer-full Bernie. Here it goes...wait for it.

:wallbash:

ForSale003.jpg

A smallie I woke up in the middle of the night.

ForSale002.jpg

Sorry for the nudity. Think it was July on the pontoon at the folks' cottage.

ForSale001.jpg

Little tiger caught last year, beautiful colours. First 'ski I saw coming out of this particular Kawartha lake in ten years.

Hope she worked.

reefrunner

Welcome Mike. Sounds like you're going to be a great contributor and a valuable resource to this board. Glad you could make it. I'm looking forward to your reports and input (and like you,softwater again). By your "handle" I'm taking it that reefrunners are one of your baits of choice?

Pictures came through just fine here RR.

On the note on how to post pics. I copied and pasted that paragraph at the time I had asked the same question a year ago. I cant remember who authored it but it's possible douG did. There is a personal notepad in "My Controls" that I stored it to. Handy spot to keep stuff pertaining to here.

Edited by Bernie

Welcome to the board! Great intro and some great pictures as well. I can already tell you'll fit right in here! Looking forward to your reports this coming season. My wife Bly and I have the fishing itch bad....cant wait for the spring run of the steelies up the tribs...until then, I look here for my fishing fix!

This place won't help your fishing addiction. It will make that worse, and in about a month you'll realize your addicted to the forum as well. I've quite fighting the fishing addiction, and i now look at the rest of the world as a "hobby", and fishing as "reel life" Pun intended.

Cya Around

-Ramble

Welcome to the board Mike, what area of the Kawarthas do you normally fish?

Unlike some of the other support groups, we don't have weekly meetings.... oh no, we thake our adiction very seriously, we meet anytime, anywhere, and every chance we get.

Hope you can make it to the "fishing for Tyler" event in two weeks, it will give you a chance to meet up with a bunch of the locals and we always have good food, good fun, and it signals that spring is just around the corner.

Thanks everyone again. I look forward to sharing my addiction with "like-minded" individuals.

MTP, Those pictures are from film prints as you can tell by the quality...but I am ghostly white. lol.

Big Cliff, I mainly fish on Canal Lake as my parents cottage is there. Anyone lookin' for tips on that body of water I know like the back of my :asshat: I'm there pretty darn much every weekend in the summer. I'm the dude castin away to CCR tracks in the weee hours, waking up the fishes, hope I didn't wake anyone. lol. Venture out to Balsam now and again, but the operating times at the liftlock in Kirkfield doesn't provide me an opportunity to fish "peak" times, therefore, I haven't much luck but a couple of smallies and some big waves to surf in the pontoon.

Fishing for Tyler sounds like an amazing time and a great cause. I'm nursing a broken pinky at the moment so the cold doesn't sound fun. I'll try to get out and meet some of you folks. If I cannot make it though I would like to make a contribution as it is a worthy cause. Let me "hustle" someone I know for some ice gear and go from there.

Thanks again all,

reefrunner