What could it be?

nautifish

Nauti,

I wish you good luck on your kicking the butt habit. Think about all the fresh air and more money you can enjoy once you do.

As for the vid.

Initially I was thinking fox, but there was something about it that was telling me otherwise, I've spotted many fox while cycling in my youth, and that one was not moving like the ones I've seen before, so I'll have to guess it was a coyote. There were many good points mentioned above, but the sulking trot was the one I think pin-pointed my thoughts. Either way, good on you for getting the vid.

Can't help with identifying the animal...

Best of luck with the non-smoking... :clapping:

Sometimes it takes a determined mindset like...

Nothing, absolutly nothing is worth taking a cigarette

Each craving/urge you overcome makes the next one a miniscule bit easier and farther apart...

My stepdaughter gave them up when her boyfriend said that kissing her was like licking an ashtray... :lol:

Thanx so much beans. I think this is the only way for me to go for me personaly. On my 5th day now still very early day's. Tougher when you live with another smoker but he say's he aint quitting. Fortunatly we have never smoked in the house so i guess my payback will be when he is out in the freezing cold freezing his gonads off puffin on a F AG :D My kids are all grown and i would like to be able to enjoy quality time with my grandkids when they come along. Not have them visiting some old grey haired woman who is puffin and panting just getting up out of her chair......lol

Thanx again beans .

Nauti,

I wish you good luck on your kicking the butt habit. Think about all the fresh air and more money you can enjoy once you do.

As for the vid.

Initially I was thinking fox, but there was something about it that was telling me otherwise, I've spotted many fox while cycling in my youth, and that one was not moving like the ones I've seen before, so I'll have to guess it was a coyote. There were many good points mentioned above, but the sulking trot was the one I think pin-pointed my thoughts. Either way, good on you for getting the vid.

Thanx so much HF ;)

WELL This turned out to be interesting, for some reason i thought that most of the replies would all say the same animal . I am actually thrilled i manage to catch this on video especially so close to my home.

Good to see you back here.At first I thought fox but then the tail does not seem right.I have seen many foxes in the wild but only one Coyote and it was in Canada so what do I know?

Here is a fox moving.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4...h&plindex=3

Here is a Coyote.You be the judge.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=57...h&plindex=2

Joe

Congrats on the quitting

try this place for help.

http://whyquit.com/

Good to see you back here.At first I thought fox but then the tail does not seem right.I have seen many foxes in the wild but only one Coyote and it was in Canada so what do I know?

Here is a fox moving.

Joe

Congrats on the quitting

try this place for help.

That video with the yote is cool 2 years ago i had one come right up to me when i was calling turkeys I kid you not he nuged the end of the barrel and growled at me ...if i wasnt so focused on the bird i would have drilled his nose through the back of his head it was his lucky day should have done him anyway he was pretty mangey looking

ive shot over 10 fox and many more coyotes but im kinda stumped on this one. its hard to tell how far away the critter is on camera so it makes sizing it up even harder. it does look larger than a fox but too slender for a healthy mature coyote.

i say its a coyote from last years litter which is why its body mass looks smaller than a full grown coyote. thats why i like to shoot and ask questions later :thumbsup_anim: (actually, if i was hunting id have bino's to ID the animal)

Here is a fox moving.

Joe

Congrats on the quitting

try this place for help.

Thanx hun,

I never really left just been very busy is all. Great video footage i wish mine had been that clear lol.

ive shot over 10 fox and many more coyotes but im kinda stumped on this one. its hard to tell how far away the critter is on camera so it makes sizing it up even harder. it does look larger than a fox but too slender for a healthy mature coyote.

i say its a coyote from last years litter which is why its body mass looks smaller than a full grown coyote. thats why i like to shoot and ask questions later :thumbsup_anim: (actually, if i was hunting id have bino's to ID the animal)

Well its nice to know i'm not alone on being stumped....lol.....

I have been thinking about taking up hunting myself this yr but i really am not sure if i could actually shoot something. LOL

I tell myself i could maybe shoot a duck or a goose but when it comes to the actual crunch i just dunno. :dunno:

Alot of money to fork out if i wimp out.....lol.

Okay now when u say hammer i assume u mean hamilton right?

I have lived in port dover allmost six yrs now and this is my 1st time ever seeing one in our erea. Now we have alot of development going on here and i mean alot. Do you sopose maybe they are being driven out of there natural habitat where they would normally hide? I was allways under the impression that coyotes were quiet shy animals?

Yes hamilton :lol::clapping:

Coyotes are actually a rather curious creatures, although they keep to them selves most of the time many are not overly shy either.

You'll find more coyotes just on the edge of many urban centers then you will out in no mans land for sure.

This is Because the cities create a food source for them....

Our Garbage, litter, and "feeders" (meaning bird feeders, and people who feed squirels etc.)

Attract numbers of edible creatures to the out skirts that are generally well feed, and not as cautious as they should be.

Then throw in some peoples pets such as cats, and small dogs...

You get a recipe very attractive to Coyotes.

The past few years we have seen some heavy snow falls as well making hunting a bit tougher for them so they take the easy route to our back yards, and green spaces on the edge of town that house the fat squirels, and neighborhood cats.

Plus the surge in Ontario deer & Turkey populations can't be hurting the Coyote food supplies. :canadian:

I'd say its a yote as well. Too big to be a fox........if it howled....its a yote. Fox's don't howl. He would make a good shot with the .270 :)

Sinker

Nice one. Actually foxes do have a howl, but it's more like a yelp. Still, that be a willey ol yotee. OH And Nauti, congrats on knocking that habit! Keep it up, you'll probably live longer than these itchy trigger finger putzes.

cheers

HD

Edited by Highdrifter

okay got it cookslave Hamer is hamilton.....lol....Sorry :P

We got plenty of deer around here just the other evening saw around twelve doe's all togeather in a feild. Through november saw three bucks all with in the space of a week and one was a big bugga . Never ever seen three with in a week hell last time i saw one was like four yrs ago and that was down near morpeth....lol.

Edited by nautifish

I've seen coyote in Toronto proper, including at Finch and Dufferin, walking along Finch street on the NE side of the corner (he must have come up from the resevoir) and at Hwy. 7 and 400 running up the side of one the ramps in the grassy areas.

They are basically everywhere now.

I think it's a coyote. I've also seen quite a few and shot some along with fox. Fox are 10lbs and coyotes are 35lbs. With fox the tail looks bigger relative to the body compared to the critter in the video, and the body of a fox with winter fur doesn't so clearly show the belly curve as with a coyote. Fox also since being so light and fluffy walk/lope in an almost weightless manner, whereas a coyote walks/lopes with a bit of weight going to the paw like the critter in your video. Best way would have been to walk out to look the track over.....