Is this legal....

TJQ

some great topwater video waiting to happen!!!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q_a0B6xl2Y&rel=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q_a0B6xl2Y&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q_a0B6xl2Y&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

looks illegal as my guess, fun and would like to try, but illegal. I recall something in the regs about using rod reel etc, but to be sure, research would be needed. if nothing directly on point, it would be in the grey area of legal but 'is it ethical', which we have lots of experts here. LOL

Man I've always wanted to try that.

My guess is that it's legal. As long as the little dude in the boat has a license :thumbsup_anim: .

...and doesn't have an open beer.

But, in todays world, if it's a lotta fun, it's probably illegal.

Hookset.

I think that it is not legal – the “You Tube boat” method.

I believe that in Ontario it is not legal to fish with a “motorized” rod and reel. There are some being used here and I think that there is a fellow in Kingston who can make one for you. The motorized “rod and reel” used in Ontario are being used by the disabled and the “old” who are the only people who get approval to using one.

However, there are ways of getting around the restriction in using a toy boat for fishing.

In the You Tube video, the boat is used as a rod and reel and this is not legal.

In shore fishing, many times the fish is way beyond the maximum distance that you are able to cast. All you have to do is to place your lure on the boat and then motor out to where the fish are. Once you reach the required spot, you simply yank the lure off the boat and then you just reel in the normal way – hoping that the fish will go after your lure. All of this is legal.

Another way of getting to the area that you want to get to is by using a kite. This is good in fresh water in Ontario but is it very good on the beach when you surf fish. In surf fishing, usually the most important thing is to be able to cast to maximum distance.

If you are fishing at the mouth of a river that has a strong current going out, you can also use a piece of board onto which you put your lure on and have the board taken out by the current. When you get where you want to, again, you yank the lure off and reel in. This technique is best at the mouth of a river on an out going tide in the ocean.

The above 3 techniques are used only to get your lure out to maximum distance. They are not used in the hooking a fish as in the You Tube.

carp-starter

right from the regs

Angling

Angling means fishing with a line to which one to four hooks are attached and that is held in the hand or closely attended.

I'd say that would be classed as closely attended

and motorized reels for handicapped are allowed without any permit requirements

Edited by Fang

Legal or not, lets say a large fish takes the lure, over powers the little motor that boat has on it, and drags it down. The boat stops working, can't retireve it. Is that fish supposed to swim around with it??? More than likely the fish will die because of it, no???? I'm all for fishing and taking the limit and all that sebazz, I love to fish and take home my catch to eat. But in this case I think it's unfair at what could happen, I know fish die all the time yada yada yada, but why add another one??? We're supposed to conserve right???

Alright I'm ready for rebuttles. :thumbsup_anim:

Actually .. think of it this way .. when your rod is on the rigger and in a holder whats the difference (except of course you are IN the boat while trolling .... BTW wayne looking at your avatar made me think POWER-TROLL from the plane :)

kamomefishingboatremotecontrolgps.jpg

FBoat.jpg

Kamome - Advanced fishing equipment for all fishing enthusiasts. The Kamome “Remote-controlled boat for fishing with GPS and Sonar�? can provide necessary information to the boat controller on an LCD monitor, while fishermen remain onshore or in a fishing boat.

This boat is composed of: GPS can confirm the direction and position of the boat herself , Memory in the boat controller can memorize a fishing spot for good result, Sonar can estimate and judge the shape of the sea bottom and the condition of a school of fish, a Temperature sensor for the estimation of the kind of fish, and a Detection device of remaining batteries.

This boat can sail to your target point with automatically by using the automatic target ground navigation function. In addition, the automatic recurrence function to come back to the starting position will start if the control electric wave doesn’t reach or the batteries are with detected 20% left.

yours for only one easy payment of $5999 :whistling:

Edited by drwxr