Is this legal....

TJQ

I posted that vid here a couple weeks ago.

Down here in 'Bama I think it would be considered more like jug fishin', which would make it legal for non-gamefish like Catfish, Carp, and Gar... but not for gamefish. You could have a fleet of them if you wanted.

They are trying to outlaw them in some states, because they're using them in the Tailrace waters of some dams that don't allow boats with people in them to take their lines way out further than one could cast. They want to outlaw them because they're very effective and some people are taking the big spawners with them.

Another way of getting to the area that you want to get to is by using a kite. This is good in fresh water in Ontario but is it very good on the beach when you surf fish. In surf fishing, usually the most important thing is to be able to cast to maximum distance.

carp-starter

Another way of getting to the area that you want to get to is by using a sling shot...place your lure on the band, pull back and let go....oh ya..forgot to mention..don't hang on to the treble hooks :wallbash::stretcher:

legal or not, it sure looked like they were having a blast LOL. Now those are the kind of kids that don't have to worry about drugs to get high! if I was a CO and saw them doing that I'd probably congratulate them for thinking something like that up then look the other way in a big hurry! (well, I might kind of keep watching for a bit.... There is nothing nicer than seeing kids use their brains to have some good fun.

legal or not, it sure looked like they were having a blast LOL. Now those are the kind of kids that don't have to worry about drugs to get high! if I was a CO and saw them doing that I'd probably congratulate them for thinking something like that up then look the other way in a big hurry! (well, I might kind of keep watching for a bit.... There is nothing nicer than seeing kids use their brains to have some good fun.

x :clapping:

I found something like this on the net from Australia. It would drag your lure out into the surf until a fish would bite it but then the lure would release from a clip and then leave you to battle it with a rod. Great idea but I'm sure any of the surf guys down here on LI would really frown upon the practice.

FHR