Names and Handles

Bernie

Why can't we just all have normal handles, like me for instant.

No offenceto the member but I had a board member tell me that if I didn't change my handle people would not reply to my posts....

Any thoughts??

no problem here

I say if you are good at something be proud of it

CCMT= Can't Catch Many Things

= Carole can't make tacos

= Cliff's Carole's Man Toy

I can too make tacos!!

My handle......

Like many others, I use a nickname online for the anonymity. When I first needed an online nickname, a friend suggested 2 that she thought fit, used both for many years but finally settled on this one. Both names are from the Xanth novels by Piers Anthony.

blyght which is now bly cause I am lazy lol

I was Jedi Angler on several other boards, but got tired of using the SHIFT button.

Now I'm just jediangler.

The name actually comes from my job. I'm in the heattreating business. I had to FISH out parts that fell off hooks and into a 4ft deep pot of 1400 F molten salt with a long stainless steel hook. You couldn't see the bottom so you had to feel around with the hook to locate the missing parts. Although I wore the silver suit and other appropriate heat resistant gear, my face would get cooked looking into the molten pot. I covered the shield on my helmet so that I was blind (kinda like Luke Skywalker with his blast shield down while practising his light saber). I always managed to out fish the other guys by Fishing with the Force.

Back in the earlier days of CB radio I lived up in French River and one evening we were in a bar listening to a band, they had this rubber chicken hanging up by the stage and one of my buddies dared me to steel it which sounded like a good idea at the time so I did (it's OK, I did return it LOL). Anyway the next day my buddies started calling me the chicken thief. About a week later I got my first CB radio and since everyone used handles I had to come up with one. It ended up being "The Northern Ontario Chicken Thief" which I used for years. There are still some collector cards around from way back then somewhere.

When I started getting into message boards, that handle just didn't seem appropriate any more and since my name is Cliff and my son's name is Cliff our friends often refered to us as Big Cliff and Little Cliff..... Big Cliff just sort of stuck.

When I started getting into message boards, that handle just didn't seem appropriate any more and since my name is Cliff and my son's name is Cliff our friends often refered to us as Big Cliff and Little Cliff..... Big Cliff just sort of stuck.

I remember when I first joined the board and introduced myself as Cliff, someone chimed in and said I had to leave because there was already a very well respected member here with that name...LOL.

My first boat was/is a mistyriver.

Why can't we just all have normal handles, like me for instant.

No offenceto the member but I had a board member tell me that if I didn't change my handle people would not reply to my posts....

Any thoughts??

Just spare us any pics in your avatar. :whistling:

There are members of all ages on here.