Just Bought A New Boat at the Boat Show!

Minnow

Very nice boat!

I looked very seriously at that model but opted for a 1987 Starcraft instead for two key reasons;

1: Starcraft had wider gunwales :)

2: Starcraft was $40,000 cheaper ;)

You will certainly be riding in style this summer and many to come. Congrats!

-Brian

Ah.....a man that knows how to pick a boat :thumbsup_anim:

Awesome rig. I have heard the same thing that Irishfield has said. that you have to follow the breakin exactly on the Verados otherwise bad things happen. After that I heard they are super sweet!

Congrats!

Break in is REALLY easy... just follow it. First two hours are critical... next 8 so so. After 10 hours you're good to go. They don't even recommend an oil change until the year/100hr is out, but I HIGHLY recommend you dump the lower unit and engine oil after the first 20 hours + a new filter. Will cost you $200 (to have shop do it...$80 or so less if you do it yourself) but money well spent. I cut the filter open and go thru all the pleats looking for shinny stuff... but that just me. I'm used to working on stuff that falls out of the sky when things get quiet!

Break in is as follows:

First TWO hours, run engine at varied throttle settings up to 4500 RPM or at three quarters throttle and at FULL throttle for approximately ONE minute every ten minutes (IMHO these full load runs are what seat the rings).

For the next EIGHT hours of operation avoid continuous operation at full throttle for more than five minutes at a time. VERY easy to do... as you can't afford 32 Gallons Per Hour for toooooo long! LOL

Edited by irishfield

Nice ride! That's some serious tournament fishing boat.

I own a 997 SI aswell, don't know how good you are with electronics, but I'm pretty bad. Took me all season to figure out the basic functions, and I'm still learning. Due to my limited abilities, the unit didnt seem as effective as the ads shown. Here is a really good website that has a lot of useful information on the Sideimaging combos. Just like a computer, the $2k 997si has software updates and bugs. Be sure to sign-up for the Humminbird member on the company's site aswell. Side Imaging

May the new boat bring you many successful fishing trips,

young_one

Very nice boat!

I looked very seriously at that model but opted for a 1987 Starcraft instead for two key reasons;

1: Starcraft had wider gunwales :)

2: Starcraft was $40,000 cheaper ;)

You will certainly be riding in style this summer and many to come. Congrats!

-Brian

Ah.....a man that knows how to pick a boat :thumbsup_anim:

LOL Sinker, I probably would have overlooked the gunwales if I had the $40G... just trying to make myself feel better!

-Brian