Hwy. #69 flood, next door to me.

GbayGiant

The creek next door to my parents store flooded out and the hwy is closed, it's around 4 feet deep across the road, my parents are lucky they are up on a hill off to the side but the liquor store gas station and bait shop are all in trouble.

Here's just looking from my parents driveway on a little hill.

gallery_322_261_74896.jpg

gallery_322_261_54088.jpg

gallery_322_261_59303.jpg

The Gazebo by the liquor store, floated over there from the other side of the gas station. :mellow:

gallery_322_261_40351.jpg

Now I'm just waiting for a muskie to jump. :Gonefishing:

It's in Pointe au Baril, past Parry Sound. Yes, I hope the gas doesn't leak into the water Gbay is rite behind the gas station. It will be interesting to see if it freezes over night because so far no pumps or any man power is being used to get rid of it.

Edited by GbayGiant

Yikes, were those taken today John ?

Yup, just a few minutes before the post, I was the first photographer on the scene, I was going to email the pics to the news paper, lol, but I decided to come to the great OFC community first. I think a reporters down there now taking pics.

One of my favourite places.

Hope the LCBO is not too soggy.

Did the grocery store across the street survive? They were kinda elevated.

Best to head north to Larry's for a drink and avoid that soup!

Hey John. Thanks for sharing the images. I hope all of the business aren't overly affected from this flood. Good thing your parents are elevated. I have been zooming past your parents house for 32 years now ... and finally see that route from a different angle, unfortunately under water. I hope the spawn won't be affected in the spring. I have that gas station to be thankful for when I had a bad kayak accident on the Magnetawan, driving south in the Jeep trying to get to the hospital and almost passing out. They called me an ambulance and kept my gear and Jeep safe for the night. I hope they are ok. Did CC Kennedy go under as well?

... what drives me nuts is a leaking boat.

Edited by Disco Phish

Did the grocery store across the street survive? They were kinda elevated

That's my parents store, we are ok because of the little elevation.

Wayne as of now 11:45 pm, I just walked home from a buddies on the other side and fell knee deep. It got a little deeper if anything and it is starting to freeze but the police and firemen said they will sand and salt it as much as possible to stop it from freezing to much overnight.

I'll keep you posted on this thread, it's not looking to good at the moment.

Did CC Kennedy go under as well?

No, it stops just before Kennedy's. I forgot my camera but there is a boathouse in the creek on the other side on the way out that got demolished from the rushing water flowing back out to the bay.

Thanks guys. I'll keep you posted on the road (hwy #69 north), but I wouldn't plan on going this way tomorrow it will most likely be closed again.

When it does open make sure to fill up at Nobel or Shaunnaga station before Pointe au Baril because after that it's a little stretch with no gas stations.

Edited by GbayGiant

That's my parents store, we are ok because of the little elevation.

Wayne as of now 11:45 pm, I just walked home from a buddies on the other side and fell knee deep. It got a little deeper if anything and it is starting to freeze but the police and firemen said they will sand and salt it as much as possible to stop it from freezing to much overnight.

I'll keep you posted on this thread, it's not looking to good at the moment.

Then I've probably met your folks a few times.

Nice people, glad to hear they escaped the flood.