Kareem

solopaddler

Many of my fellow board members here were aware of the ongoing situation with the health of my close friend Kareem.

A lot of you guys have continued to show support through pm's and emails and for that I thank you.

Unfortunately Kareem passed away yesterday. He fought bravely right to the end, and as he's always been, he was a great inspiration to me.

In this world there were 3 people who I could count on for anything, no questions asked.

My dad, my uncle, and Kareem. He was a true friend and I'm going to miss him a whole lot.

Kareem loved walleye fishing and was an absolute master of the sport. Over the last 18 years we spent literally hundreds of hours fishing together including a whole slew of fly in trips.

The quality of these pic's are not great as I don't have a scanner, but here's a few moments from better times:

100_2260.jpg

100_2263.jpg

100_2264.jpg

100_2265.jpg

I love you buddy, you won't be forgotten.

100_2267.jpg

Edited by solopaddler

Sorry for the loss of your very dear friend. It is obvious how much he means to you. Alot of people go a lifetime without having a friendship like you have described and for that you have the memories.

My condolences

Craig

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend, Mike, that's a hole that won't go away. Friendships like that are rare, and you can remember that you and Kareem made the best of this one. Best to you, and to Kareem's family, and deepest condolences.

Doug

Mike,

I've been dreading this post for a while now. Our condolences to you and all that knew him. You've been a great friend to him, not only in past years, but especially after the bad news earlier last year. Just being with him and talking with him during that time I'm sure meant the world to him. Our thoughts are with you my friend...take care.

Cliff & Carole

So sorry for your loss Mike.I remember your last post of you and Kareem enjoying your last fishing trip together.It made my eyes water that day and today as we all knew it was a matter of time when you would announce the sad news .

Take care and thanks for the memorable pics of you and your great friend.

MTP