Ok...this Is For Sure "probably" The Last Walleye Report.....

ccmtcanada

Ok...I know we posted a season ending report a few weeks ago, but with all the mention on the board as to how hot the action still is in Picton, and this awesome mid-December weather, we just had to go out a few times.

Here is a little summary of our success....starting with this "little" guy.

Blyght's 8.5 pound, 30" length x 15" girth

gallery_60_23_5619.jpg

Next came my 11 pounder, 30.5" x 17" girth

gallery_60_23_23048.jpg

Now they got BIG!!! Here's Carole's 14 pounder, 31" x20" girth

gallery_60_23_4602.jpg

Now...for the first time, I have the biggest fish of one of our reports!!!

This was a 14.5 pound, 32" x 19" new personal best for me! While Christmas shopping "for the kids", I stopped in at a local tackle shop and bought a new lure....I had a good feeling about it!!!

gallery_60_23_38799.jpg

All of the toothy critters swam away...to spend Christmas with their families....eat tons of food...and we'll try to meet up with them again next year.....hehe :lol:

Edited by ccmtcanada

You an Blyght sure put your time in and IMHO....

Yhere should be some sort of award from this board for you two.

-New to fishing....sorta,(well after a few years)

-Sorta new to this board

-Great posts...add: great pics to accompany reports

-All done from shore.......this has got to be the biggest one..you are an inspiration to the many w/out boats and Im dang shure the you've turned many heads with your successes.

-Husband/Wife team.....nothing beats fishing w/family

You guys earned your catches the hard way...WTG

Love all your reports..please dont tell me this is the last of the year...K!!!!!

Congrats...peter

You an Blyght sure put your time in and IMHO....

Yhere should be some sort of award from this board for you two.

-New to fishing....sorta,(well after a few years)

-Sorta new to this board

-Great posts...add: great pics to accompany reports

-All done from shore.......this has got to be the biggest one..you are an inspiration to the many w/out boats and Im dang shure the you've turned many heads with your successes.

-Husband/Wife team.....nothing beats fishing w/family

You guys earned your catches the hard way...WTG

Love all your reports..please dont tell me this is the last of the year...K!!!!!

Congrats...peter

Wow...thanks for your great comment! We never really thought of it the way you explain it here. We're actually flattered that people remember the details of our year! We just love going out...spend some time together, and not sit like silent vegetables staring at the TV....LOL. I know that if my wife wasn't into fishing as much (or more) than me, that I wouldn't get out there nearly as much.

If the weather holds up, hopefully we'll have more reports....until then....we'll keep crossing our fingers!

Thanks again!

WOW....you guys sure put the time in fishing at the docks in picton,those fish are friggin amazing its incredible to catch fish like that from shore way to go and congrats on your effort and hard work,those are all trophy walleyes no matter where you fish people like me have chased walleye all my life to get6 fish like that .... :thumbsup_anim: congrats on your new PB..im sure we will be hearing more reports from you guys in the near future...merry xmas.. :thumbsup_anim::santa:

WOW....you guys sure put the time in fishing at the docks in picton,those fish are friggin amazing its incredible to catch fish like that from shore way to go and congrats on your effort and hard work

Oh great...now everyone will know there are Walleye at Picton...thanks fishindevil....LOL

Edited by ccmtcanada

What you don't realize is CCM is a Hobbit who dwells down in the Shire near the River Gumbleberryhumdingerwalleye. The fish are only 4lb'ers but in his Hobbit hands look lke 14.5's.

Ok, my secret is out, I might as well confess........the real reason all our pictures are at night, the real reason we are never in the same photo, and the real reason we catch "big" fish........

Ccmt is a hobbit. His real name is Grigory Bolger and yes, we do live in the Shire.

gallery_137_132_89521.jpg

Thank you Moosebunk for outing him, it is such a relief, now he can be himself. By the way, that 4 pounder was actually 4.25 :P That is a BIG difference for "little people".

Daisy Bilgor

(member formally known as Blyght)

PS Photo provided by Rosie-Posie Peatfingers of Brockenborings (our half hobbit daughter)

Another great report, and good on ya for releasing them back to spawn more of the same.

The big ones don't taste as good anyway. When I spent a few days at Quinte, several years back, you could see the colour of the meat changed from white to pinkish when the fish were bigger than 3.5lbs.