I just got charged with assault!

Grandman

First question that comes to mind;

Who's bed were you in?

HAHA......that was my exact first thought as well.

Hope it works out for ya.....assault is a bad one to have on record. Hope you don't plan on hunting for a while.......:(

Sinker

Wiping off screen.Good one Wayne

Thats not nice Wayne... now my coffee... and spit is all over everything...

Id lock this thread... but hey its tuesday and I gotta see where this one is headed!!

I just got back from the 'cop shop'.

It's 5:30am.

Apparently, pushing someone off of you after they woke you up by pulling you out of your bed by your nuts and proceeding to kick you in the face is illegal.

HUH.

Yup,,,,,

okay i gotta ask..... :dunno:

was it a male or female that grabbed you by the Gonads?......... :P:D

I sorta know the feeling grandman. Can't really comment on your situation but that seems to be justice...Canadian style. About 5 years ago I was attacked by a family member, it was in the morning and he threw his tea on me because I didn't want to hear about his arguement with another family member. Well that didn't go over well with me and of course a "struggle" ensued. I defended myself but can say I didn't throw one punch as this family member is quite a bit older. He though did. Anyway Peel's Finest showed up. No charges we're laid but I...hear that..ME, MOI, I got the warning from the police. I then said, " SO what your saying is I am not allowed to defend myself?" They refused to answer, and then cited that the courts will not care and will look at me being younger, bigger, and stronger, therefore at fault. I was flabbergasted. What I gathered from them is..." Its ok to attack someone as long as they are younger, bigger and stronger. If they defend themselves then they get charged." what the heck is up with that?

And people wonder why so many people have little trust or faith in the police or justice system.

For the record, I trust the police as a whole alot more then the justice system. One recent case in point was the gang busts earlier this year in the Jane/Finch area. Kudos to the Police for their great operation. But then the courts ordered the prosecution to pay X number of "detainees" 2000 dollars each for not getting their bail hearings in 3 days. again...what the heck? There should be exceptions when the case involves violent gangs, weapons, or hardcore drugs - in such cases of mass arrests. A clearly documented violent gang has many of its members taken off the street and are then paid....handsomely I might add. Wonder what those members will do with that money? Replace the gun that was taken from them by the police? Buy more of their"product" to sell?

If I remember wasn't there an Ontario based lawyer that used to frequent the board? Not sure of his name but if hes still around maybe he can give some advice.

Cheers all.

I sorta know the feeling grandman. Can't really comment on your situation but that seems to be justice...Canadian style. About 5 years ago I was attacked by a family member, it was in the morning and he threw his tea on me because I didn't want to hear about his arguement with another family member. Well that didn't go over well with me and of course a "struggle" ensued. I defended myself but can say I didn't throw one punch as this family member is quite a bit older. He though did. Anyway Peel's Finest showed up. No charges we're laid but I...hear that..ME, MOI, I got the warning from the police. I then said, " SO what your saying is I am not allowed to defend myself?" They refused to answer, and then cited that the courts will not care and will look at me being younger, bigger, and stronger, therefore at fault. I was flabbergasted. What I gathered from them is..." Its ok to attack someone as long as they are younger, bigger and stronger. If they defend themselves then they get charged." what the heck is up with that?

And people wonder why so many people have little trust or faith in the police or justice system.

For the record, I trust the police as a whole alot more then the justice system. One recent case in point was the gang busts earlier this year in the Jane/Finch area. Kudos to the Police for their great operation. But then the courts ordered the prosecution to pay X number of "detainees" 2000 dollars each for not getting their bail hearings in 3 days. again...what the heck? There should be exceptions when the case involves violent gangs, weapons, or hardcore drugs - in such cases of mass arrests. A clearly documented violent gang has many of its members taken off the street and are then paid....handsomely I might add. Wonder what those members will do with that money? Replace the gun that was taken from them by the police? Buy more of their"product" to sell?

If I remember wasn't there an Ontario based lawyer that used to frequent the board? Not sure of his name but if hes still around maybe he can give some advice.

Cheers all.

I know some law, same happened to me. It's not fair at all, but it what the courts believe. I got into a brawl with 2 16year olds (I was 19) while doing security. One I knock right out and the other I hit and cuffed. I was at fault because I was bigger and stronger, blah,blah,blah. Thank god for good lawyers and have no record, it's like it never happened, like a dream. LOL

Daniel

OCH

yup, some years ago

I caught 2 guys breaking into my parents car

I stopped them they decided to beat me up..

surprise..I got the better of them

cops showed up, because they didn't get around to getting anything out of the car the cop decided not to lay charges on them, but give them a warning

but was charging me with assault ...

an old lady from across the street came over and told the cops that she saw them attack me, not me attack them..so he let me go with a warning....what a stupid cop.......sure makes it hard to respect them or trust them

yup, some years ago

I caught 2 guys breaking into my parents car

I stopped them they decided to beat me up..

surprise..I got the better of them

cops showed up, because they didn't get around to getting anything out of the car the cop decided not to lay charges on them, but give them a warning

but was charging me with assault ...

an old lady from across the street came over and told the cops that she saw them attack me, not me attack them..so he let me go with a warning....what a stupid cop.......sure makes it hard to respect them or trust them

Yes Terry...how old were you then tho????????

Something very similar happened to me back about 18yrs ago or so...

I looked a lot different then and different mindset.......

Long story very short....

I was at spring baseball tryouts....

My 2 boys ( age 3 & 7)in the park playing very close by were swarmed and assautlted by some older youths.

It made the front page of the paper....they called it the ''"DonnyBrook on Liverpool"..

I effectively not only caught up withthese youths but a father of one as well.

I was charged...11 counts of assault..

2 of them most likely will never eat right again..there were 6 youths total.

Once the police finally got the hospital report from my brother...also there who tookmy boys to hospital..

Also my father.....

The coppers say to me....

OK, OK...we will drop these charges if you dont lay any yourself.

Reason was........

If we layed the charge..

These idiots youngsters would get our address and make life a living pile of.....

the coppers however laid charges on my two boys behalf....

Ive all the respect in the world for the police when it finally ends like that.

It can be a pain in the butt when your involved in anything...but sincerely...whats the cops going to do.

I think they just remove what they percieve to be a threat at the time as a starting place.

You read it right...11 assault charges...only 6 youths+ one father....

There are multiple degrees of assault once some are removed by ambulance.

As to why I didnt immediately go to the hospital w/ my boys......

They had been held down and were force poured a substance from a bottle and with family there to take them to hospital...I wanted that bottle for its contents...coulda been turpentine or anything else.

Hey Terry,

did the officer end up charging them with assault or let them go? Your neighbour saw it therefore an eye witness.

Tony.

I never did find out if any charges were laid..I don't think so

once the officer said he would let me go with a warning, because the eyewitness, I just left and never heard another thing

one of the guys were 2 years younger then me the other was 1 year younger, both were bigger then me