I just got charged with assault!

Grandman

I was sleeping in my bed at my house.

It was an ex girlfriend who decided to break into the house @ about 2:30 am.

Strangely complimentative of your post-relationship mojo-heavy, studliness.

Get a lawyer AND a restraining order against that nocturnal nut nabber.

You could have been Bobbited!

Edited by SNAG

When I post a report, I usually compliment the composition with a couple photos, epecially if the catch exceeds the 100 lbs range. If I hooked 'er good in the mouth with a good hookset, and she shows me some good moves in the weedbed, and comes out a trophy, I won't hestitate to show a pretty head. But if I end up hookin' 'er in the arse, and she get's all tangled up in my prop, I cut the line and let 'er lose. Don't show the pictures where you have shanked 'em in the eye.

Please don't say you live in Brampton. I have an ex that was very abusive towards me and she lives here in Brampton too. Thank god another part of the city.

I know what its like to be on the recieveing end in an abusive relationship. I refused to call the police because here in Canada the law punishes the victim. Like I said before.....its ok to attack...illegal to defend.

When I post a report, I usually compliment the composition with a couple photos, epecially if the catch exceeds the 100 lbs range. If I hooked 'er good in the mouth with a good hookset, and she shows me some good moves in the weedbed, and comes out a trophy, I won't hestitate to show a pretty head. But if I end up hookin' 'er in the arse, and she get's all tangled up in my prop, I cut the line and let 'er lose. Don't show the pictures where you have shanked 'em in the eye.

that's gotta be one of the funniest things i've read in a long long time

THANK YOU

I definitely have mixed feelings here...I have never had the pleasure or displeasure of grabbing a hold of those dangly things in a "rough" way...definitely no excuse for that kind of behaviour unless you did something awfully nasty to her and she lost her mind for those few minutes. (it does happen guys)

So...if a woman is asleep in her bed, and a man breaks in and rapes her...can she not grab ahold of those danglies and tear them off...or would she be charged with assault.

I hope that all works out for you. She will hopefully come to your defense and make this go away ... hopefully. Good Luck.

A friend of mine had his ex "surprise" him one night on her Birthday, at his house, and found him in bed with someone else. Notice I said Ex. She did the dangly grab and used her nails.

She was charged with break and enter and assault, so I don't understand why you were the one charged.

I'd fight it all the way.

just get a good lawyer, by good i mean the one that knows how to turn this thing around...

drop all your charges, counter charge your ex, and get "reimbursement" for the damage.

it will help you to cover the lawyer fees, which will be around 5k in your case.

also go to the doctor and complain about the pain, doctors notes help in the court very much.

as for why cops do that, simple...this simple case will take out lots of money from the city to pay the cops that attent the court, the crowns and the prosecutors. everyone will be paid. dont sweat about it... its politics.

Edited by drwxr

It was 1986. I was in N. J. attending my father-in laws funeral. I took my 7 and 10 yr old nephews down to the local lake after the funeral for a swim. Three teen age boys showed up and started verbally abusing my nephews on a floating dock just off the beach. I called my nephews in. The punks followed. I asked them once to drop it and they continued. I lost my cool and ripped them good verbally. They ran home to get their Dad and I made the big mistake of staying there to clear things up. Dad came running down the trail. He's 5'8" and overweight, I'm 6', and in triathlon shape. Rather than listen to what transpired he attempted to bully me. I never touched him but everytime he tried to push me I stepped forward and he went backward. He quickly got the idea and left the scene. We walked back to my mother-in -laws house, a number of guests were still at the house. In about 5 minutes the police showed up, handcuff me, and took me away. I was charged with aggrevated assault. That carried a fine of up to $10,000 and 2 yrs in jail. I pleaded not guilty and was released on bail. I had to get a laywer. A year went by before my trial, and many a night I'd wake up wondering "If I can be arrested for aggrevated assault without touching anybody I can just as easily be convicted?". The day of the Hearing my lawyer asked for a postponement because he was completely unprepaired. It was a 620 mile round trip for me to N.J. (Eventually this guy got disbarred on a drug conviction but I never got a dime back of the $2,000.00 retainer.) In the end I hired a 2nd attorney, made another trip to NJ, and was acquitted as the liers stories didn't hold-up under questioning. What I took away from this whole mess was 1. Never do anything that could conceivably get you on the wrong side of the law, 2. While you may be innocent until proven guilty you surely aren't going to escape the pain (financially and emotionally), 3. Don't be quick to assume others are quilty when they are charged with a crime. Sorry for the length, 21 years later and it still haunts me.

doubleheader, I feel your pain

and no matter what you say to the cop...it seems he made his mind up the first few second he got there and you end up in handcuffs.........we all know not all cops are like that but it doesn't take many bad cops to make you wary of all of them....

and little if any trust in the whole system...too bad when the innocent has to be afraid of the men in blue.....

nd little if any trust in the whole system

Yes it is very difficult to have very much faith in the system if any at all. The innocent get charged, the guilty stay free to pursue what they wish while the innocent are left hanging in limbo. If you have ever been charged wrongly you will agree that you are "guilty until proven innocent" and not the other way around. So if wrongly charged then that hangs over you and the feeling of helplessness lasts until at least the charge is withdrawn and as said, the financial cost one bears. Sometimes these results live with you for a lifetime.

I guess that our system isn't perfect but then which one is?