Fishing with the Legend

misfish

Curl up by the fire with me as I thaw out my toes and fingers.Boy was it a cold one.Well it really wasnt that cold,it was the ride with the legend. I accepted an offer to fish today as it was the last day for Simcoe Smallie fishing.I will be the first toadmit,bass fishing in the warmer months is sooooooooooo,much nicer.LOL

Anyhoo,I arrive on time,but my partner for the day was not. I thinking ,oh no,snowed in as he was coming down from the north.I go ramp to ramp just to make sure I didnt miss him or get our info crossed.

Im just about to head back to work when I see him coming around the corner.Yes,the legend has arrived.

Get to the ramp and I was kinda in awe. Man what a thrill this is going to be. I get out of the truck, walk over and shake my partners hand,with a greeting that was even a surprise to him. We acually knew each other from way back.I use to build homes for this guy.

With all the hows things and nice to see you again,it was time to lget on the water with the legend on the cold Simcoe waters.

Along with us was a few other well known anglers like David Chong,Mark Kulick,Ward Edmonds to name a few.There were a couple of fish caught during the morning,but it was really slow.We mangaed no fish for our efforts,not even a perch.Drop shotting Strike zone baits and yum tubes didnt seem to be the trick today.

Ohwell,I got to ride with a friend and a Legend.70 mph in -7 temps,thats what I call EXTREAM FISHING. :w00t::w00t:

Here is the legend,what a ride.

lastdaysmalliefishing07001.jpg

lastdaysmalliefishing07002.jpg

lastdaysmalliefishing07011.jpg

lastdaysmalliefishing07012.jpg

My partner,Fred Patterson.LOL

lastdaysmalliefishing07014.jpg

Extream weather coming in.

lastdaysmalliefishing07005.jpg

Extream Team mobile

lastdaysmalliefishing07015.jpg

lastdaysmalliefishing07008.jpg

A short vid as my hand froze in just a few sec. :w00t:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v731/mis...ishing07018.flv

This boat is fast folks.Hole shot was unbelievable.Up and down gone 70 mph in no time.

I have a bit of frost bite on the face to prove it. :worthy:

Thanks for the ride Fred.

Edited by misfish

Beats being at work......I think. lol! Now what would the wind chill be at those temps and speed you were traveling at? Here's a tip for the next time your in those cold conditions ripping up the lake......snowmobile helmet. ;) Thanks for the report!

Felt like - 40,and what fun would it be to have a helmet. :whistling::Gonefishing:

Felt like - 40,and what fun would it be to have a helmet. :whistling::Gonefishing:

It would be no fun at all! :w00t: lol! A buddy of mine has been telling me to use the helmet in those conditions for years. After bringing them along and leaving them in the storage compartment a few times, I decided to just leave them at home. :D

I guess you have to be addicted to fishing to go cruising at that speed in those temps....extreme for sure.

It wasnt so much the addiction,but the chance to fish from this boat and see what it was like.It got an A+. :thumbsup_anim:

Ok,it had something to do with the addiction. :wallbash::wallbash:

Hey Brian , saw you guy's rippin around out there, made me cold just looking at it!, my Tr. hits 70mph, but no way I'm doing it now! too cold !-you guys were moving like your hair was on fire!, Bob Devine from Extreme Angler , drove up from Wndsor to join me for 1 last kick at the frozen can, we boated 8 good smallies, and lost at least that many, Wed. was much colder and we boated 30, drop-shot doesn't work as well when the temps drop , the smallies are belly"s to the bottom , all our fish came on the Carolina rig with, Slammers, I'll post a season recap, a bit later-time to thaw!

Beats being at work......I think. lol! Now what would the wind chill be at those temps and speed you were traveling at? Here's a tip for the next time your in those cold conditions ripping up the lake......snowmobile helmet. ;) Thanks for the report!

What happens if you like work? :whistling:

Great pics & report brian !!!!....man thats a sweet boat,man it looks fast just sitting on the trailer !!! :whistling::clapping: too bad about not gettin any simcoe hogs,but hell ya gave er a good try for sure !!!...im thinking the open water is just about done man. :wallbash::dunno: ..its gonna be a long winter,time for me to put the boat away. :blink: ..cheers bud :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: