Bay of Quinte G2G 4 Day Report

Mike the Pike

The time finally came to drive down the 401 and leave the worst roads in Canada behind.

GlennK and I arrived wednesday night just after a good quantity of rainfall.As we walked in our Cabin we got to meet the Greencoachdog who I had long been waiting to meet.Percher took Glen out on the water on wednesday and Dan has a nice fish to report.

It was great to finally meet some new faces Like ,Greencoachdog,Vatordude,Kyle,Gerritt,Corey,BitsmithB2K(The really tall guy)Oldphart.Ted the Gadget,Slowpoke(who looks younger in person :whistling: )Big Chev 4X4,Bill Parker, Bassmastermike,Lexington and Bly(Carole)and CCMT Canada(Cliff).And Many more

I did have the pleasure of fishing from the docs in Picton at night with Carole ,Cliff,Lexxington and GlennK which I really enjoyed and learned a few pointers from Carole about shore fishing.I also got to see what Quinte Shad look like which I had never seen fat little minnows for sure.

Tried to get Dog out on Friday to show me the Sabiki rig thing but it was too darn cold for the dog there is always next time Glen.

Although many caught some nice fish and some who caught PB's the fishing was on the slow side after 4 days of fishing my Buddy GleenK boated a fish it was his PB.Pics to come later.

A word of thanks to Gerritt who worked very hard with me to organize the Potluck dinner and most of all finding a place for some to bunk with others and most of all making sure no one got left on shore and I don't think anyone stayed on shore.Wayne had as much as 4 people in his boat and so did Oldphart who shared his boat with Slug,Kyle and Vatordude(Jeff)

I know Brian(slowpoke)has a nice fish to show us and looking forward to his report.

Congradulations to Chuck(Big Chev 4X4) the winner of our first ever OFC Walleye tournamaent and congrats to Lady walleye with her PB of almost 8lbs :thumbsup_anim: And to Kevin with I beleive second place was it bigger than slowpokes?

A special thanks to DouG,Vatordude, and Bill Parker for helping me clean up and set up the potluck dinner.

Now on with the pics.

100_0073_1.jpg

This is how you dress with a tiller boat in November now those goggles made my eyes comfortable out there :thumbsup_anim:

IMG_0189_1.jpg

My fishing partner GlennK.

IMG_0190_1.jpg

This is a shot of Kenny and DouG out on Thursday Morning.

IMG_0192_1.jpg

Can you believe it Percher,Biteme and Pointed let me hang my yellow survival suit beside theirs.I am honoured guys.

IMG_0194_1.jpg

Chuck ,Greencoachdog,Tybo and Kenny's friend Blair.

IMG_0195_1.jpg

Now I know halloween is over but this guy made his scary appearance.The one and only Greencoachdog!!!!!!!!

IMG_0196_1.jpg

Joey,DouG,Irishfield,Dano,and Bassmastermike.

IMG_0198_1.jpg

Yes it was cold at times so GlennK covered up very well.

IMG_0202_1.jpg

Percher,Biteme and Pointed on Thursday before Peter 's little incident on Friday you will have to ask Biteme what that was :whistling:

IMG_0207_1.jpg

IMG_0205_1.jpg

These shots are for you Brian shall we make this a tradition on G2G

Tybo did leave us a Molson Canadian to throw in.

IMG_0208_1.jpg

IMG_0210_1.jpg

I had the pleasure of fishing with this gentleman Cliff .I really enjoyed your company out there it was a great time and the water was so calm

despite having to fix my trolling plate in the dark.

IMG_0211_1.jpg

100_0076_1.jpg

IMG_0213_1.jpg

After washing all those lures for such a long time GlennK hooks into the only fish that came

aboard my boat for the entire weekend a new PB for Glenn 6lbs 4oz.finally

I have to tell you I put him on that fish and I did a great job netting it to.So what if I got skunked.

IMG_0215_1.jpg

Now this was the potluck dinner a shot of Ted the Gadget.Before that Peter(Biteme)says

man this is a FOOD ORGASM.Unbelievable amount of food.Once again the OFC members

made our Potluck dinner a succes thanks to all who cooked or had there wives whip us up

some grub.

IMG_0216_1.jpg

Carole enjoying the huge selection.those are the Cabbage rolls that vatordude brought :thumbsup_anim:

IMG_0217_1.jpg

A shot of my contribution with GlennK and Percher's stew which was also awesome.

IMG_0219_1.jpg

Sunday came and I had lost a spring from my trolling plate which would have been a quick fix

but would have wasted valuable fishing time trying to find a spring in town.Kenny's partner went

home so the three of us fished in his boat sunday morning and they constantly reminded me that I was the only one who did not catch a fish this weekend :wallbash:

IMG_0222_1.jpg

kenny and me the one with the Skunk.

100_0078_1.jpg

IMG_0223_1.jpg

One last pic for the road leaving the bay.

Despite my skunking I had a great time with our OFC members I look forward to out next event.

Mike the Pike

Edited by Mike the Pike

Awesome report Mike....it's great reading all these report....from different people's perspective. I had a great with you on the water...thanks for the seat in your boat!

You did an amazing job (and Gerritt too) in organizing the pot luck....the food was better than I expected.

Until next time bud...take care....

Maybe next time we'll catch something...LOL.

Cliff

i think my eye came in a tad bigger then slow pokes.. mine being 29inch and 9lb11ounce.. just shy of 10 lbs..

and thank you mike and gerrit for the great organization of the bunk thing and pot luck! and of course everyone that pitched in!

and it was sure smart of you to bring those ski googles :worthy: .. i don't think my wind sheild is not high enough, so maybe i should get me a pair of those too..lol

cheers

kevin

i think my eye came in a tad bigger then slow pokes.. mine being 29inch and 9lb11ounce.. just shy of 10 lbs..

and thank you mike and gerrit for the great organization of the bunk thing and pot luck! and of course everyone that pitched in!

and it was sure smart of you to bring those ski googles :worthy: .. i don't think my wind sheild is not high enough, so maybe i should get me a pair of those too..lol

cheers

kevin

Yes Kevin great to meet you too Kiddo and yes the goggles were worth every penny almost as good as a side console :asshat: but I must continue my love for the tiller :whistling:

It was great to finally meet some new faces Like....Slowpoke(who looks younger in person :whistling: )

LOL!!! Good thing I kept my touque on!

By the way, you seem a lot less French in person!

Thanks again for your efforts with the potluck, it was an amazing spread and I just wish I could have sampled everything - as hard as I tried.

Mike, it was truly a pleasure meeting you and I hope you can make it to Lakair to carry on the tradition...

DSC00919.jpg