My 12 Ft. Alum. Was Stolen

ehg

Had my 12 ft. tinny cartopper chained and locked to a tree in my buddy's backyard

in downtown Toronto, well he went out the other day to find the chain cut and the boat

gone. Luckily the motor was off and stored.

It's surprising since the boat was obviously unappealing.

That's life in the big city!

Now i have to get a cheap 12 ft. V-hull cartopper soon.

Actually might use it more in the winter months.

C'est la vie,

ehg

That bites.

Front or rear yard ?

How old was it ?

What part of the city ? Neighbourhood ? Intersection ?

Is it you friends house ?

Does he have room mates or tennants in his house ?

If it was in open view (front yard) it could be anyone.

Rear yard and hidden from view, it's most likely someone who has see it there before and has been eyeing it for a while, waiting for their chance (friend's friend, neighbour, neighbour's friend, etc)

rather than a random person.

You would need a truck, trailer or a roof rack on a car to take it away.

I doubt someone just ran down the street with it.

Unless it was heisted by a neighbour. Then it could be in their garage, waiting for a chance to be moved elsewhere.

Could be someone looking to sell it as scrap metal.

I think good, clean, quality aluminum goes for at least a buck a pound.

Hope you find it and the culprit gets what they deserve.

I agree with Remo, that bites.

And if you do have a pic of it, yes, please post it. We just might get lucky and see it somewhere in use. Probably not me though, I am too far away.

Regardless, I hate theives.

Hey Eric.

Hope the poor chump has a good bailing bucket. LOL

Sorry to hear of your loss, but I think it was likely stolen for the scrap $$ as was suggested earlier.

Good reason to buy yourself a new one for Xmas.

Stan

Hey Stan,

You're right they'll need to bail alot. HAHAHA!

Bought that boat and motor for 500 bucks with paper route money when i was 13 yrs.old around 25 yrs. ago.

Maybe good for scrap, but i think some teens were trying to be gutsy to there peers.

It's gonna be a pain in the butt trying to replace, it had a deep v-hull. Used on Pigeon all those years,

and even on L.Ontario.

No picture since it was sure no prize.

Maybe Santa will be good to me. :santa:

ehg

the boat was obviously unappealing.

Eric, anyone who's seen your reports would disagree with this. She may have been old, but she sure caught fish.... :Gonefishing:

If I hadn't of already winterized 6B's, I woulda let you take it out. It's NOT a great Lake O boat though..... :(

That does really suck, but is it's anyone that deserves an upgrade, it's you.

Maybe Majorlifts knows something about it. Maybe you've been TOO busy, & he just couldn't wait anymore for a Plant trip.... :rolleyes:

Well the bizzar thing is, is that the bottom was coated with black filler to plug the leaks. It didnt work to well but there are these big black cross marks on the bottom you cant miss em.

Pickering would be the place it dissapeared to. Dont ask me how I know. but if you see someones van or truck flying by with a boat fitting that description, thats her.

True enough clampet. I figure, if they steal it, and they are willing to risk getting caught, go through the stress of knowing any lake they visit we could be there fishing, good on em.

But at the same time, I remember the last bunch of teens that stole a small boat from the pickering harbour, their bodies were never found. I just hope this isnt one of those cases. couple a yahoos on a weekend bender ending up at the bottom of lake ontario in our boat is not my Idea of justice for a stolen boat. I would not feel very good after that.

Eric, anyone who's seen your reports would disagree with this. She may have been old, but she sure caught fish.... :Gonefishing:

If I hadn't of already winterized 6B's, I woulda let you take it out. It's NOT a great Lake O boat though..... :(

That does really suck, but is it's anyone that deserves an upgrade, it's you.

Maybe Majorlifts knows something about it. Maybe you've been TOO busy, & he just couldn't wait anymore for a Plant trip.... :rolleyes:

Bill,

Thanks for the kudos. Was able to do some decent reports as the 12 footer allowed for access to

places were there wasn't a decent launch nearby( T.O islands, Pickering outflow).

No need for upgrade, 12 ft. is what i need.

Ain't easy to find good used cartopper online as i'm finding out.

cheers,

ehg

Edited by ehg

Sorry to hear of your loss, but the main thing is they can't steal dignity. Those losers will always be looking to steal a boat and you can go buy a better one.

PS. Bottom of the lake is a good place for boat thieves.

Vigil this :D

Edited by Kirk

Sorry to hear that EGH!

I feel bad for you two.,...My boat is only a 14 ft tinny paid $350 for it with trailor this last spring and brought a 8hp Johnson moter for $400 to go with it. May not be much of a boat but i can tell you i have had way more than my moneys worth with this boat this last yr. Not many day's i have not been out on it. Was just out on the inner bay in it a few weeks ago perch fishing infact. If someone was to steal it man i would be pretty Pished off lemme tell ya.

I lurv me tinny....

Hope santas good to ya in a few weeks and again sorry about the boat. That really sucks eggs.

Nauti :Gonefishing: