Smashed a few smallies

misfish

With a party the night before it was a late start to the morning.The mrs,s stayed home to sleep so I headed off alone.It was even a later start when I had to change a dead cranking battery. :dunno:

So by 8 ish I was on my spot and I had no idea today was going to be as sweet as it was. After reading a few reports of the slow bite I wasnt sure what to expect.

Water temps were 63,still pretty warm I think.

I started out in 15 fow and worked a jerk bait with very limited success as I had a few foloowes but nothing big. Grabbed my go to tube and thats where it all came together. I had drifted off my spot and had some good hook marks,so I dropped the tube over the edge,hit the bottom twitch and slam,fish on. It was a good one as it held the rod down and did the reel screaming thing.

Get it to the surface and it,s a 4+ fattie.Man what a nice fish. I continued this and with in an hour and a half I had 5 fish in the well. All came on the tube. It was unbilieveable. Im guessing in had over 20+ and thats a personal best for me.

simcoefallsmallies07001.jpg

simcoefallsmallies07002.jpg

simcoefallsmallies07007.jpg

simcoefallsmallies07004.jpg

simcoefallsmallies07005.jpg

Heres the vid to comfirm what Im holding.

th_simcoefallsmallies07008.jpg

Edited by misfish

Thanks all.

This time last year the boat was wrapped and packed away for the hunting season.After last years weather I said not a chance ,Im not going to miss those big fat smallies.

Mark hope you get well soon,se ya out there.

I was checking this spot for the next two up coming tourneys ,just in case the big lake blows up.

Thanks Lew, and Norm all my prefish this season seem to be bigger then my tourney fish. What up with that.LOL

Nice going Brian. For those of that are inept, post the pictures of the GPS with the digits. Great Going.

Silly me,what was I thinking Mark.LOL

I think that one I said was a three was more like 4,.Thats the single one,they were so fat.

Thanks again all.

Edited by misfish