Best Fish Of 2006

bucktail

Since open water is almost over....except for another week or two in Quinte and the winter on the Niagara I figured it was time to start a thread were everyone posted pics of there best fish of the year.

I was lucky to get 2 new personel bests this year. Muskie and Pike.

Lets have a thread that blows away other fishing boards threads!

So here goes with some photos.

Pb Pike, never going to beat this one.

gallery_221_42_24768.jpg

A new PB Geo Bay Muskie....finally one stayed on!!!

gallery_221_42_61282.jpg

A nice 11.5lb quinte eye, not my personal best but still a good fish.

gallery_221_42_35837.jpg

Has been a very good year for the amount of times I got out.

Bucktail, not many people are going to beat that pike - what a beauty.

Not a huge one for me, just a small French River eye but it was my first one so I was pretty excited, plus I was able to catch it with my daughter Jess who did a great job on the net.

jessstevesecpickerel.jpg

Great idea for a post, bucktail, we should see some good pictures :thumbsup_anim:

Here's nice West Arm, Lake Nippissing musky I got in September while fishing with eddyk

Cnv1592.jpg

And a fat largie that grabbed a big musky spinnerbait in the Kawarthas while I was fishing with Whopper

Cnv1569.jpg

Don't know why Lew but that pic does not do that largie is just due. I netted that bad boy and I swear I could have put both of my fist in the fishes mouth.

Must have been the guy taking the picture. :dunno:

That was fine day!

Whopper

Edited by Whopper

Nice fish pics so far, guys!

I didn't get any personal bests this year. My best pike for the year was 35", caught on a small cottage lake in a paddleboat with no net and no camera.

I got this nice largemouth on a trip to Chicago with a couple of buddies of mine, we found a lake about 90 minutes drive away. This was my only fish that day...

med_gallery_41_101_21015.jpg

Mike

Ispent most of my time in salt water, but here goes...

I helped my boss Colin, get into his first tarpon...

colinbigtarpon.jpg

I promised some folks visiting from BC some fishing excitement and then landed this beauty...

bigtarpon02.jpg

Landed this beauty while tryign to help my frined Nic catch his first...

bigtarpon03.jpg

Nic followed this with his first Jack, one fo the biggest I have seen...

nickjack.jpg

And finally, the FIRST tarpon i managed to get out of the water. This beauty took an hour to reel in, hooked it shortly after midnight. I managed to snap this picture while all alone, balancing my camer on a rock!

200602121817-pix4.jpg

(all caught in the BVI)

Here's some of my fish from the year, The musky was unfortunately caught by cousin as well as the walleye, both in the same day

img[www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?act=post&do=edit_post&f=2&t=1145&p=9911&st=]/img

pb_salmon.JPG

musky.JPG

perch.JPG

beths_walleye.JPG

Edited by moemoe

This year produced my biggest Brook Trout ever caught while the forest burns behind me. 23 1/2 inches. This one will be tough to beat.

Danspeck3.jpg

Another fish that deserves mention was caught by a client of mine on my first ever guiding job. The jaw on this Steelhead was incredible!!

bbowater4.jpg

Pretty good year for sure LungeLarry. Although you wouldn't know it from your pics.

Seems none of those fish could make you even crack a grin, let alone, a smile. :w00t:

2006 ain't over, so can't possibly post any pics here with one great last trip yet to come. :P