Fisherman DIES At Bronte Pier !!!!!

fishindevil

Hey everyone i just heard on the 6 o"clock news that a fisherman died at the bronte pier this afternoon,of a suspected heart attack, :blink: and then falls into the water,while people are trying to save him.. :huh::mellow::dunno: ...are you ready!!!!! and some idiot cast to his rod in the water....snags it reels it in and takes off running with his equipment & tackle and gear. :angry::dunno: ......THANKFULLY A 24YR OLD MAN WAS ARRESTED FOR THAT CRIME,THEY GOT HIM.....thanks to the police...man im furious,to think that he calls himself a fisherman....just what we need another reason for people to give us a hard time about things....i cant believe it....poor guy dies and his stuff is stolen. :devil: ...i hope they throw the god-dam book at him....they did not release his name yet...I HOPE HE IS NOT ONE OF OUR MEMBERS....be safe out there

oh ya it was on the channel 8 news CTV at 6pm tonight

Edited by fishindevil

I can't comprehend how someone could ignore a dying individual and steal his material possessions at the same time. Some people are just sick. I too hope they read him the riot act and throw the book at him. He deserves to be shot and wizzed on.....

Corn Nug

Edited by Corn Nug

Sad news indeed. Was out thier today and did not here the story till I read this. And some news on the perosn who did it. Kitchener resident Jamie Harland Gross was charged with theft and two counts of breach of probation. That's if anybody knows him.

HANG HIM HIGH!!! MAKE AN EXAMPLE OF HIM ... POST HIS FACE IN ALL THE MAGAZINES...AND WEBSITES...FISHIN' SHOWS..ETC.....

PROSECUTE HIM TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.

HAVE HIM MAKE A PUBLIC APOLOGY..LIVE ON THE NEWS..

REMOVE HIS FISHIN' LISCENCE PERMANANTLY.

WHAT AN ASS!

BETTER NOT BE A MEMBER ...HE'LL BE BOOED OUT OF HERE!

it doesn't seem to surprise me, almost every time we here of something awful, the guy/girl has had numerous convictions. Why hasn't a judge done something sooner to prevent these people from re-offending. Then again, it's job security for judges and lawyers.

Here's the news story from CTV news.

Fishing gear stolen while man lay dying: police

toronto.ctv.ca

A 24-year-old man has been arrested after the fishing gear of an unconscious elderly man was stolen at an Oakville harbour.

Police say the 68-year-old man was fishing at around 5 a.m. at the Bronte Harbour, near Lakeshore Boulevard West and Bronte Road, when he collapsed.

When another fisherman in the area began CPR, the senior's line was reeled in and his rod was stolen.

An ambulance responded to the scene and transported the man to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Witnesses at the harbour told police about the theft and the 24-year-old fisherman was arrested shortly after.

Kitchener resident Jamie Harland Gross was charged with theft and two counts of breach of probation.

Gross made his first court appearance on Friday.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTV...hub=TorontoHome

Unbelievable! Was anybody on the board there? I stopped by there after work around 4am Thurs night/Fri morn and there was an older guy fishing by the lighthouse, was that him?

There's been some real chuckleheads down there this year. Drunk kids trying to make off with the life rings, some guy tried walking off with my bike jacket, but stealing a dying guys rod........that's just screwed up.