Where is the best place to fish in Ontario?

myst

Hi, I'm new to these forums, been fishing for many years but far from an expert. Me and a couple of my buddies are looking to go on a weekend fishing trip a few weeks from now, and I was wondering if you guys could suggest some of the best spots with the biggest fish.

I live in Ottawa and we are willing to drive pretty far. We will also need to rent a boat.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Welcome to the board, hope you enjoy it, as for your question...What kind of fish do you want? From what I understand you can get some good sized fish in your own backyard. I don't know from personal experience but I hear BOQ is excellent, West Arm of Lake Nippising is a good place, there are in fact too many to mention. If you read a few of the reports from the others you'll get a good idea. I

Maureen

I hear the Ottawa River west of you has some very nice, trophy-sized Musky. Just make sure you have the proper gear for catching, handling, and releasing them. West Arm and West Bay has some great fishing with a variety of species to keep you occupied.

Please forgive me: Welcome to the board. Don't forget to post a report and some pics following your trip. We'd love to share your outing.

Edited by Rich Clemens

Welcome to the board. BOQ or even Rice Lake would be a great trip with fishing for bass and walleye. Quinte will be better for numbers and size of almost all species. You could also look at going out on a charter with someone to get on some big eyes on BOQ. Have a great trip.

Welcome to the board. A question like that has NO right answer. It is kind of like asking who is hotter Jessica Alba, Scarlett Johansson, or Meagen Fox. Seriously what guy wouldn't have the time of his life on a fishing trip with any or all 3 of them? The fishing in Ontario is so varied, and so are the spots for catching most species.

I know one thing for sure though if you tell the folks on here what kind of fish you hope to go after you will probably get about a 100 different answers on what works best and where to go LOL.