Port Dover Flooded ( Nf )

nautifish

Well its hard to believe that the last few days have been in the double digits as far as temps and here we are this evening getting hammered by high winds in dover. The lake is absolutley crazy right now the beach has gone and is covered in water as is most of down town...People. are down their in the store's shoveling water out of the stores and restaraunts.Myself and my youngest son took a trip down and took this video for you all to watch.....Am heading back down there again to get some more video footage just need to get better dressed....lol

The pier has totally dissapeared and is covered by water and the boats are allmost up on the pier which i have to say scared the bejeebers out of me....Anyway check out the vid and stay tuned because their is more to come. My adrenilin is like crazy right now this stuff is so crazy especially for here in port dover....lol......

http://www.zippyvideos.com/183497020635982...006/*amolicious

Edited by nautifish

WOW....thats wild,i guess tommorow everyone all over the province will be assesing the damage,i think there will be alot,with trees down & power out and wind damage.this is sure a bad one,i hope nobody was crazy enough to have went out in ANY size boat....hope nobody is hurt in port dover...im watching the weather chanel right now and they are saying there is lots of damage already near london & port colbourne areas,which is not far from you nautifish.....take care shawn

Good morning everyone. :P

Well what a night last night WOW! Not long after i had posted the video we lost power on our street. As i said a huge tree had fallen a few doors down and taken down some power lines down right out front of my house. My drive way was all blocked off with trucks and more trucks lol.........So was with out power till late ,late hrs of this morning.

Last night was just totally wild......lol......

Rick i am sure it does......But its been a long time since dover has seen anything like last night. We have had the lake swell waves coming up over the pier. But last night the water was up past the peir downtown flooded and for a while it looked like some of them big boats were gonna be sailing down george street.....lol...... That really did scare me actually see them boats sitting up as high as the road. When myself and my son got back down their we had all on trying to stand in one place with out getting blown away.....lol.....

I do have more video footage coming. I did get back down there and i got myself better attired.....lol....

Gotta love mother nature she is pretty bloody amazing.

Tracker.....I have been asked that before and no i have not. I just want my own tv fishing show. :D lol

LOL whooper at the hustle.....Gotta love the 70's & 80's My 17 yr old was not to impressed i was playing that while he was in the van with me......lol....

Green i went down there with sandles on my feet .....I was talking to my other boy on the internet who lives over by the marina and he was telling me that downtown was flooded.....Well as soon as he told me that i grabbed my cam my youngest wanted to come with me and we left. A hat was the last thing on my mind......lol :)

Edited by nautifish

Havent seen anything like that downtown since about 7 years ago

Funny a local i saw at timmies said he has not seen anything like that down their for about 15 yrs not that extreme he said... Which i think would of made you what five yrs old rich? :D

Did anyone recognise the Arbour on the last clip?

Well I guess the local wasnt around the first year I moved here when water was at least 3 feet deep downtown, almost to the top of the stairs at the Callahans entrance and about 2 feet deep at the Arbor, they put road block signs up by the road at the pier there and they were washed away in minutes.. it was actually worse!

But also the water was a lot higher at that time normally

Edited by Rich

lol No he has only lived in dover all his life......lol

So who knows......

All i know is it was freaking crazy....... :Gonefishing::Gonefishing:

I am imagining that downtown is quiet a mess this morning....Their was debris and all kinds of crap down their last night.....

A couple told me they saw a whole tree floating in the channel down by the lift bridge last night. :blink:

I never thought to go over to the marina side to see what it was doing over their.....I wish i had....

Wow amazing. But I would be careful. Since you don't know where the edge of a drop into the lake or bay maybe while your out there so becareful. Hate to see some lose their footage and end up in the bay and the waves sweeps you out to the lake.

:(

dsn

And so shall it be days of Noah. :unsure:

Wow amazing. But I would be careful. Since you don't know where the edge of a drop into the lake or bay maybe while your out there so becareful. Hate to see some lose their footage and end up in the bay and the waves sweeps you out to the lake.

:(

dsn

And so shall it be days of Noah. :unsure:

Yes it was amazing DSN......But we made sure to stay away from any drop offs...I know dover well......My son wanted to take a walk up to the light house on the pier....lol...Now that would have been stupid and crazy.....considering it was covered in water.

Crazy...

I once saw huron come up to swallow the entire beach, and stop just shy of laKe shore Blvd. In Sauble.

About 11 years ago...2 days of high winds had the lake whipped into a frenzie

but 2 days later it was completely calm.

Crazy to see that much power on display

LOL Carp

No demand for ark builder's thank goodness. I imagine the emergency crews were crazy busy though. I had a cop car sat in my drive way plus two hydro trucks and a few other trucks which were the guys waiting to start removing the tree. And they were their till around 5-6am the next morning....

XWRAP CCMT Thankyou, Glad you enjoyed the video but i hardely find my self worthy of a CNN Reporter.

Cookslave i have seen a few storms over the last four yrs here in dover but nothing compared to friday night.......The wind was so strong could hardly stand and when trying to talk, the wind would just take ur breath away.

I am downloading the second lot of video footage i took friday night....So hope to get it posted before i retire for the night.