Besides our minds what else have you lost during this unique time in the history of our Human race

• 3 weeks later...

OI

I spent the entire summer last year out at my cabin and only came into town every 2 weeks for supplies. Spent 6 weeks there this summer and finally started feeling a little better near the end of my vacation time out there. I still try and stay away from people even though I'm fully vaccinated. The Rona got into the NWT big time in Mid August. Unlucky for everyone it got into one of the communities that held a hand games tournament. It was attended by a lot of un-vaxed people and it went through a lot of the small communities like wild fire. Then of course they brought it into Yellowknife where it went through the homeless population. We went from a couple of hundred cases and no deaths to over a thousand and now 5 dead. 50% of the population in one community got sick at the same time. We are now pretty much locked down again because of the few that didn't get the shot. 🤬

https://cabinradio.ca/74140/news/health/coronavirus/northwest-territories-reports-1000th-covid-19-case-of-pandemic/?fbclid=IwAR2U5dzkJBcXkA4Tf7clKqFLmyg_EgPj1fwdMduT81DZ7FEPXCuZWyWfJVo

We have done all that we can do and have made a very deliberate decision to get on with our lives.  While here in your wonderful country we abide by the mask rules but we do go into town on a daily basis, visit with friends and eat in resturants 2-3 times per week. When we return to the states next month we will get the booster jab and if we end up staying longer we may cross back over to Watertown and get the booster.

With one exception all of our friends here are doing pretty much the same as us.  The one exception is a friends wife and she is absolutely paranoid with fear and it is driving her hubby crazy.  Her fear is not at all rational and it totally consumes her life.

I am honestly more concerned with some of my prior poor lifestyle choices (30 year smoker) than I am Rona.

On 9/27/2021 at 8:56 PM, DRIFTER_016 said:

OI

I spent the entire summer last year out at my cabin and only came into town every 2 weeks for supplies. Spent 6 weeks there this summer and finally started feeling a little better near the end of my vacation time out there. I still try and stay away from people even though I'm fully vaccinated. The Rona got into the NWT big time in Mid August. Unlucky for everyone it got into one of the communities that held a hand games tournament. It was attended by a lot of un-vaxed people and it went through a lot of the small communities like wild fire. Then of course they brought it into Yellowknife where it went through the homeless population. We went from a couple of hundred cases and no deaths to over a thousand and now 5 dead. 50% of the population in one community got sick at the same time. We are now pretty much locked down again because of the few that didn't get the shot. 🤬

https://cabinradio.ca/74140/news/health/coronavirus/northwest-territories-reports-1000th-covid-19-case-of-pandemic/?fbclid=IwAR2U5dzkJBcXkA4Tf7clKqFLmyg_EgPj1fwdMduT81DZ7FEPXCuZWyWfJVo

You can't blame this on people not getting vaxxed, that's total bull and you know it. Whether they were vaxxed or not, someone brought it there. The vax doesn't stop you from getting the rona,and you stil spread it too. I know more sick people who are vaccinated than i do unvaxxed.  I'm not for or against it, just saying.....its not the un-vaxed that are spreading it around. 

S. 

• Like 4

On 9/28/2021 at 11:35 AM, Crimsongulf said:

We have done all that we can do and have made a very deliberate decision to get on with our lives.  While here in your wonderful country we abide by the mask rules but we do go into town on a daily basis, visit with friends and eat in resturants 2-3 times per week. When we return to the states next month we will get the booster jab and if we end up staying longer we may cross back over to Watertown and get the booster.

With one exception all of our friends here are doing pretty much the same as us.  The one exception is a friends wife and she is absolutely paranoid with fear and it is driving her hubby crazy.  Her fear is not at all rational and it totally consumes her life.

I am honestly more concerned with some of my prior poor lifestyle choices (30 year smoker) than I am Rona.

Exactly. I am more afraid of having a car accident. 

S. 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 12:13 PM, Old Ironmaker said:

See a lawyer. I wouldn't take advise for a medical or legal issue on a fishing forum. Good luck. Common sense doesn't seem to matter in our legal system. That's an opnion not legal advise. Opinions are like butts, everyone has one.

My intent in making my comment wasn't to to offer legal advice but to suggest, as you have done, that he see a lawyer.

On 10/3/2021 at 10:34 AM, SirCranksalot said:

My intent in making my comment wasn't to to offer legal advice but to suggest, as you have done, that he see a lawyer.

I had to  back to read what I said. My comment wasn't directed  towads you it's  something I have said since the interweb came out. 

On 9/27/2021 at 8:56 PM, DRIFTER_016 said:

OI

I have given you unsolised advise here about slowing down and to give yourself some time at that amazing property you are building. I like to think I am a detailed driven individual. I am not. And I am perfectly fine with that. When I was remodeling our post 1945 cottage complete with sandy beach on the north shore of Lake Erie. A 6 to 8 week reno has taken 10 years and I am now going back and redoing (a word ?) as close to code if not to code. The #1 reason? We are leaving the shack to our nieces and rephews and their children and by the time we are all toes up it will be sitting as solid as rock still. 

Below you are seeing a Lake Erie Pikeral (Walleye) and moi O.I. That female is only 3 to 5 years young. Around 8 lbs. If left by the commercial  nets she can reach up to 15 lbs. JDSCF1616.JPG.c5d1428c73f5ac47a0edbd72b52bcb10.JPGust something to lighten the load as our pal Robbie suggested. 

• 3 months later...

This was a great read - thanks to those of you that shared.  

I used this time to get closer to my wife and family as I fortunate to have my daughters come back home for several months last year.  Over the summer nothing much really changed for me.  I still hunted spring turkey, bow and the controlled hunt like normal.  I did my annual fishing trip and family cottage vacation but did miss the ability to pick up and go fishing with the guys as I once did.  I also bought a new bike just before the pandemic so I used the down time to ride it as much as I could and as long as I could.  

Work was busy as ever and in fact we exceeded our sales plan my 127% in 2021!!  I still traveled for business when I could (Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Halifax, Chicago and Houston.  

Edited by 410001661

• 2 weeks later...

I've lost my faith in Canada and Canada's gov't and the media they control, just today they enacted martial law and are talking about seizing bank accounts, they do it slowly, calculated and meticulously, the vast majority of Canadians are oblivious to their 2030 agenda, so now we are in a state of martial law when a few cops with ticket books and a few heavy tows could easily solve the blockade, gotta wake up here people

Open photo

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SirCranksalot said:

we have not had the martial law act since the 80s. The measures brought in today are much different

(I wonder if those same people who showed up in Ottawa to try to change Americn law also go to C Tire to return Walmart stuff?)  

it's martial law Harold, unyielding power, all because of a street party with bouncy castles, hugs and honking horns

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm fired, I've lost my job, 25 years service, 5 years away from my pension, that's how strongly I disagree with what's happening right now, I've got a 6 year old son and I want him to have the same quality of life I was fortunate to have, I'm dug in, I'm boots on the ground, I'm gonna fight this globalist, new world order crap

• Like 3

12 hours ago, chris.brock said:

I'm fired, I've lost my job, 25 years service, 5 years away from my pension, that's how strongly I disagree with what's happening right now, I've got a 6 year old son and I want him to have the same quality of life I was fortunate to have, I'm dug in, I'm boots on the ground, I'm gonna fight this globalist, new world order crap

That sucks sorry to hear that. I lost my dream job at the beginning of the pandemic due to restrictions. Luckily I found something else but it still hurt. 

Ive lost what I thought this country was all about which is the freedom to make your own choices and travel and work without worrying that the government wont step in and take everything away from you if you didn't obey.

Put it this way, pre March 2020 I was a staunch Liberal Trudeau voter(and I know we had our disagreements in the past because I was so left Chris lol). Now Im embarrassed that I thought that way.

• Like 1

It’s sad to see the damage that Russian and Chinese social media misinformation campaigns have ravaged on the populous, alas, here we are with our own people halting our economy, dying preventable deaths by refusing treatment due to a misinformation campaign, fighting one another, attempting to coupe our own elected leader, some people saying “you need to be on this side or that side”

Civil war isn’t a good thing no matter what “side” you fall on. Those that really don’t have our interests in mind are smiling right now.

I guess nearly three years of this is enough to drive some people to or over the edge, it’s not surprising but it’s sad to watch. The world will never be the same…I think I speak for all of us when I say that we really just all need the opportunity to go fishing and drink a few beers with our buddies and family without any consideration for anything except what we feel like catching and drinking that particular day, just like we did back in the day.

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

• Spiel locked this topic