Temps are brutal

dsn

Wow the tempture is brutal with the humidex today. I'm lookin at the weather eye and it says that the GTA is 32 degrees not including the humidex. With the humidex it feels like 40 degrees. The winds are at 17 km.

I'm looking at the island temp it's 24 degrees with the humidex the island is at 31 degrees. Hardly any winds. Only 7km winds.

What a difference. I think its time to hit the island and stay there the entire day. Much cooler.

dsn

Edited by dsn

I hear ya. Low forties here this afternoon. Let the kids play outside this morning and have their lunch out in the yard. Back inside in air conditioned comfort this afternoon.

It's a steamer out there for sure!! Even yesterday, bly and I tried to fish for a bit during the day. We didn't last too long....hardly even a breeze! If anyone goes out there, make sure you have TONS of water and keep your head covered!

Can't believe their not cancelling my sons soccer game-kids are gonna die running in this heat.

Yes, you would think that they would cancel it due to the VERY HIGH temps. :dunno: It's not good for the young or old to be out in the heat, nevermind running in it.

Yes, you would think that they would cancel it due to the VERY HIGH temps. :dunno: It's not good for the young or old to be out in the heat, nevermind running in it.

Oh yeah...and also that little thing called a Smog Advisory!! That's that thing where they warn people to limit their outdoor activities...jeez.

Left my central air run all night last night, woke up to a cozy 74. Unfortunately I had to go to work, and its unbelievably hot and humid even in the shade. Feel sorry for those people like GCD that gotta work outside in this crap, especially with work gear on, uhhh.

Oh yeah...and also that little thing called a Smog Advisory!! That's that thing where they warn people to limit their outdoor activities...jeez.

I hear ya Cliff, I am surprised that there are not certain "rules" for extreme heat or cold temps. There should be, maybe that would lessen the volume on our emergency rooms that they are always complaining about! :dunno::blink:

Worst part is he's new to soccer-hockey is his game. He runs 5 times as much as other kids, comes all way back while playing forward....tries to make end to end rushes few times game :o I put him in soccer for conditioning so we didn't speak playing his position-may be time.

Worst part is he's new to soccer-hockey is his game. He runs 5 times as much as other kids, comes all way back while playing forward....tries to make end to end rushes few times game :o I put him in soccer for conditioning so we didn't speak playing his position-may be time.

Boy, that is sure alot of running for a little boy, but I am sure that he loves playing, I bet you are debating if you should let him play tonight or not, can you do that? I am not to sure how these sports work, or do you have to show up on a particular game night? :dunno:

They say there is enough heat generated from TO's blacktop to create a thunderstorm, I hope so, we could use the rain.

I wonder if anyone has done a study what contributes more to global warming , the family car or the paved drive it sits on?

Don't worry, Kids self regulate, If you treat them like someone with a bad heart they will end up someone with a bad heart.

our plant is 70,000Sq.ft, and we have approx 30,000 sq.ft of powder coat ovens running at 450F for 18 hours a day, PLUS our 17 stages of pre-treatments which are like a drive through car wash, we run outside to cool down and dry off,,,hahahahhahah, its funny how you can get used to certain things, but yes its certainly hot today :blush::w00t:

HA now arn't you all sorry you keep pumping that cold air down here this spring. You thought you all would be funny by keeping our summer heat hostage so us poor southerners would suffer alittle more cold weather now look at what it got you.......This will learn yaaa not to mess with the Southern Contingency.

The Southern contingency

local chapter 101