Stolen boat

gaspumper

stolen boat - Copy %282%29.jpgHello everyone;
I am posting this here in the hopes that someone will see this and inform the OPP. I don't hold out much hope, but I need to try.

This past weekend, the Kawartha Chapter of Muskies Canada was holding our annual fundraiser get together on the Tri Lakes of Pigeon, Chemong and Buckhorn.
Sometime through the night early morning Saturday, a boat was stolen off the docks at Scotsmen Point Resort. This boat did not belong to one of the MCI participants but it was owned by an American and his fishing buddy from Ohio who had just arrived to spend 17 days fishing for Muskies. The keys were not in the ignition, but rods, reels etc. were on board. Ohio registration numbers on the side.
The boat is a Starweld http://www.starcraftstarweld.com/ (made by StarCraft) 18 Pro with a 125 Yamaha four stroke on the back. It was only four months old.
The owner was heartbroken so our group invited them both to dinner as our guests and we took up a collection of one Muskie bait from each MCI member to help them get back on their feet. A rough estimate of $600.00 in baits was placed on a table and a brand new Handlebarz Muskie bump board as well.

If you see this boat please contact the OPP.

Boy that is terrible - that's why I chain my boat to an object that can't be moved whenever I fish somewhere in Ontario - sure they can cut the chain with a cutter but it will take a lot more work and can be caught - also my boat is an old one so it isn't something that stands out -

One thing down here if you catch someone stealing your boat or things from the boat you can beat the crap out of the guy - up there you probably get into trouble = it is a shame but you have to assume that there are crooks all over the place and live with this in mind - hope the guy had his boat insured otherwise he is out some big bucks

When I clicked on the pic of the boat, I was WOW, sweet ride. Then I got upset about the theft. Unreal.

One thing down here if you catch someone stealing your boat or things from the boat you can beat the crap out of the guy - up there you probably get into trouble = it is a shame but you have to assume that there are crooks all over the place and live with this in mind - hope the guy had his boat insured otherwise he is out some big bucks

Right on joePa, and you are correct. We have pussy laws up here.

When I clicked on the pic of the boat, I was WOW, sweet ride. Then I got upset about the theft. Unreal.

Right on joePa, and you are correct. We have pussy laws up here.

Who says you can't beat the crap out of someone for stealing your stuff? Ask the kid I bloodied that broke into my truck a few years ago, lol. Cops said he must have fallen down when running :)

Who says you can't beat the crap out of someone for stealing your stuff? Ask the kid I bloodied that broke into my truck a few years ago, lol. Cops said he must have fallen down when running :)

Tripped over the laces he forgot to tie or that damm banana peel, lol. Best one yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Good news

So the boat was found by a fisherman on the backside of an Island on Buckhorn. He recognized the boat after seeing it on my Facebook post and called Scotsman point. The owner and his buddy were still vacationing at the resort were called and they went to the island (after calling the OPP) and towed their boat home. It has major lower end damage and the prop is totaled. All fishing gear was still in the boat and the only thing missing was flashlights. Interestingly enough, the small island that the boat was found on had a 14' rental stolen from it this morning! OPP figure the people that stole it were still on the island and ripped off another boat to get home.

Thanks everyone for looking and keeping this on your radar.

That's brutal and pretty bold to steal it from the dock. Wonder if there's any type of Lo-Jack product for boats ? hide it somewhere with a separate power source maybe.

Hope it's found intact, I've never seen Starwelds up here so it should turn heads.

Lots of security systems for this kind of thing.

https://trackimo.com/gps-boat-tracker/

Good news

So the boat was found by a fisherman on the backside of an Island on Buckhorn. He recognized the boat after seeing it on my Facebook post and called Scotsman point. The owner and his buddy were still vacationing at the resort were called and they went to the island (after calling the OPP) and towed their boat home. It has major lower end damage and the prop is totaled. All fishing gear was still in the boat and the only thing missing was flashlights. Interestingly enough, the small island that the boat was found on had a 14' rental stolen from it this morning! OPP figure the people that stole it were still on the island and ripped off another boat to get home.

Thanks everyone for looking and keeping this on your radar.

Tom McCutcheon

Glad to hear, hopefully they have insurance that takes care of the lower end for them!