Family in Fla. won't evecuate/rant

Old Ironmaker

If i lived in a decent hurricane built place down there, i would stay too.

Not for the birds....

Just watched on the news a guy who is sticking it out. He lives on the 4th floor of a building built to class 5 specs. Said he had plenty of food and water, and lots of weed....lol....i had to laugh.

S.

If i lived in a decent hurricane built place down there, i would stay too.

Not for the birds....

Just watched on the news a guy who is sticking it out. He lives on the 4th floor of a building built to class 5 specs. Said he had plenty of food and water, and lots of weed....lol....i had to laugh.

S.

Hahaha epic! A good indica or shatter hell probably sleep through the storm. And wake up wondering wth happened lol Edited by manitoubass2

Exactly as Rick said. If the house is destroyed while the Parrots are there with you most likely you die along with the beloved birds. Throw them in a cage and bring them with you and get the Hell out. The birds are safer in the back seat than home. I need to know how many birds is worth a human life? Idiots, they are both idiots and if they live through it there will be another natural disaster coming their way, me. They are putting their birds ahead of family, idiots is all I can say.

Good point Johnny. I guess it's not only extremely dangerous, it's very inconsiderate of them to put the family members who are sitting around hoping they're ok through such stress. Without power of phones, it could could be a very uneasy time. Feel bad for ya! The rant makes way more sense now too!!

Any updates? Last I heard it's projected to hit the keys tomorrow morning and downgraded to a #3(no idea if that's true or not?)

http://www.wkyc.com/weather/hurricane-irma-everything-to-know-about-the-historic-storm/471884164

It's tracking more to the west and could make a direct hit on the Tampa area, as large as that storm it might not matter much?

Looks like it's downgraded to a category 4. Weather Network says the entire coast will be batter throughout the day and into tomorrow.

They report already 600,000 without electricity.

The report also shows "potential flood depths" mainly 4-6ft on the east coast and higher on the west coast, Naples area being the highest at 12-15ft

Gonna be a horrible story to watch develope.

I'm heading to Nassau end of October... I was sweating for a bit but looks like they're where everyone in the Bahamas is being evacuated to... Scary spot to be in that's for sure, I couldn't imagine living in such a precarious way every year

I was down to our condo in the fall of 90' and a cane was coming that was downgraded to a tropical storm. I set the clock to get up during the peak. Neighbors warned us to put valuables and some furniture off the ground etc. they were basically freaking out. It was an abundance of rain and wind, nothing I haven't seen here. That's when I learned that our ground floor condo was 12" above sea level, an entire 12". I became light headed if I stood on a chair.

What can you do is pray for them down there. I spoke to my cousin today that bought my place in Pt. Charlotte, all you can do is hope it doesn't get much damaged. Nothing one can do from Hamilton. I am going to go down with him and a few guys asap to help clean up.

I just put up the weather map, that thing is bigger then NFLD, Nova Scotia. New Brunswick and PEI put together.

Darwinism is real my friends, all the best to your family, but what is more natural than mother nature taking the people that dont flee out.

Its like guys standing under a tree on a golf course with their golf clubs waiting for a severe thunderstorm to "pass" so that they dont lose out on their round of golf...

Or people that wont stop fishing (my good friend) when a storm is rolling in hot and heavy because the bite is on....no ish sherlock!

he almost got me killed one time, i almost killed him immediately after.

Edited by AKRISONER

I've got relatives near Clearwater. We can't get a hold of them but I'm not really worried.

My wife has been watching CNN. The news has become so sensationalized it's not news it's bull crap. USA garbage TV! That's my rant.

YUP! Drives me crazy!! Lori is addicted to following it....I go to my guitar room and rock out LOL....

S.

The in-laws came out of the thing unscathed and with zero damage to their home. The birds are somewhat "stressed" by the winds. Now the problem 6 million of Florida's 20 million citizens is that they have no power and won't have any in the foreseeable future. Food will go bad without refrigeration. They are having a hurricane BBQ in the neighborhood. My cousin hasn't been able to contact the property manager for his place in Pt. Charlotte to get a damage report. We are planning to go down ASAP to help clean up if needed.

Our nieces boyfriend is one of the 57 electricians that flew down to the Turks and Caicos on the Air Canada flight to aid in the recovery. The plane was supposed to return with 90 some odd Canucks stranded there. For some reason the authorities will not allow them to board the plane and were sent back to a hotel. That is a strange situation, even our PM is getting involved to get these folks home. Strange for sure.

Darwinism is real my friends, all the best to your family, but what is more natural than mother nature taking the people that dont flee out.

Its like guys standing under a tree on a golf course with their golf clubs waiting for a severe thunderstorm to "pass" so that they dont lose out on their round of golf...

Or people that wont stop fishing (my good friend) when a storm is rolling in hot and heavy because the bite is on....no ish sherlock!

he almost got me killed one time, i almost killed him immediately after.

X2 Darwin,look at the places hit with Sunamis and earthquakes- overpopulated areas of the world.

North America is just getting its turn now