2014 Dodge Thoughts

Loonietoon

the only two things that matter on any vehicle

the tires and the brakes...the rest is for your pleasure.

Good thing I have both lol. Should see where I am south of kenora right now.

Huge rainstorm turned frozen. Road is maybe 10-12 feet wide, solid ice, hills and turns, broken trees everywhere.

Good test for the new truck. Feels like I just drove into Narnia or something lol

Most new cars won't allow you to use cruise control without traction control on.

In winter I turn off traction control but leave dynamic stability control engaged. Going around a curve one day and hit some ice and I was real impressed how the DSC gathered it up and put me back on track.

Edited by Dutch01

you know what they say chris, if you like jeeps, you must like working on cars lol

Well I drove one (Jeep) for 6 years and other than maintenance all I had to do was replace the oil pan....but we could talk about the japanese car I drove for 3 years that had regular recalls...could never get the bloody tires balanced...or we could talk about the Grand Prix I drove for 3 years and had to replace a transmission just after warranty or the Oldsmobile that I had for 3 years that blew an engine just after warranty....or my son`s F150 that rusted right through after 5 years....there is good and bad in every line up....

3 vehicles in the ditch today within a block of our house lol.

A 1500 Dodge, and two chrysler SUVs. I'm not blaming the vehicles, it's the drivers I'm sure, I just found it funny(it's only a 3 ft ditch on a corner so I'm sure everyone is ok)

Last night my daughter's boyfriend shows up in his Dodge 2500 with a 20ft trailer to help us move. He goes through the field because it's really the only way to get it to the back door. He gets it through a 10" dip no prob, after a 75 point turn gets the trailer in position, unhooks it. Back out and gets stuck in the lil dip plus maybe 6" of snow/slush.

He's pissed, trying to rock it out, not working. I offer to pull him out, nope.

He's stuck for a good 10-15 mins, so I crawl through with our gmc in 2wd, waving and laughing. Now he's pissed.

I go around the block, hop in the traverse and do the same lol, now he's REALLY pissed!

I offer again to haul him out with our lil all wheel drive traverse ???. Again he declines.

Finally he gets out of that lil dip but again gets stuck in the open field. I'm dying laughing. A friggen car could drive through this zero issues.

Anyhow, after trying multiple runs he gets out.

Moral of the story? I don't care what make of truck you have, if your tires suck, your not going anywhere lol

Also, KNOWING HOW TO DRIVE YOURE VEHICLE HELPS ALOT???

Have to agree on the tires, I have Goodforayear SR-A that came with the truck, a 4 pack of under inflated sausage skins has more traction. They have to be the worst tires I've ever had. Run over a short stem thumb tack, get a flat, gravel roads, get a flat. Next spring I'll go get Michelins again.

Thinking of purchasing 2014 Dodge 1500 Outdoorsman 4X4 with 5.7 Hemi with 8 sp trans Thoughts going to sell my 2008 ford f150 4x4 in time....

Depending on its condition i'd sooner dump money into the F150 than go near a Dodge. The name(DODGE) says it all.

Have to agree on the tires, I have Goodforayear SR-A that came with the truck, a 4 pack of under inflated sausage skins has more traction. They have to be the worst tires I've ever had. Run over a short stem thumb tack, get a flat, gravel roads, get a flat. Next spring I'll go get Michelins again.

Yup. Like driving on banana peels.

My snows go on tomorrow. They are beauties, cant wait to try em out.

S.