Fly in trip from a few years ago

lovetofish

My Step Father decided to spoil me and take me on a fishing trip of a life time and it didn't disappoint at all (except that we had to leave). We we to Sandy Beach Lodge near Red Lake Ontario. We flew from Toronto to Thunder Bay, from there to Red Lake and then float plane to Trout Lake Sandy Beach lodge. The trip got delayed two weeks because the ice still hadn't melted yet.

IMG_1170.jpg

After a short delay in the morning because of fog, we were on our way

IMG_1162.jpg

Once we got there and our guide figured out the season was way behind, we caught walleye after walleye

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

Our guide was fantastic and made us a shore lunch everyday!

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

And where there is walleye, there is pike...

IMG_1171.jpg

44" pike

IMG_1174.jpg

And with a little advise from our guide, we went out for some evening Lakers...

IMG_1166.jpg

26.04 pound Laker!

IMG_1173.jpg

This was truly a trip of a lifetime and I really hope one day I can take my son on a trip like this!

Edited by lovetofish

We stayed at the lodge. We were really lucky with our guide too! One of the younger guides didn't show up, so we got the semi retired guide who had been fishing there for almost 40 years. I am also proud to say that I was still able to teach him a few things too. We were having trouble finding fish at the beginning because the season was so far behind. I told him to find us shallower bays that get the morning sun, wasn't long before he had us on fish. The other thing was just having a buck tail and a minnow rigged for following pike and wearing polarized glasses. This Lake is a true walleye factory! One afternoon in full sunshine, we caught one after another for 4.5 hours straight. If my lure made it back to the boat without a fish, I was surprised. We had trouble catching our one walleye under 19". They were all 21-24"

Edited by lovetofish