Smitty made simple and effective

misfish

:Gonefishing::Gonefishing::Gonefishing::Gonefishing::Gonefishing:

I wanted to make this smitty more versitile. I wanted to add a seat and also have it in the hub with me to so all my stuff was still packed in a dry place.

Put the hub and auger to the back so there was no wieght in the front to drag down the front of the skis. Good call Terry.

Took the seat off the toon and the base just snaps on the lip of the tub.

DSCF4923.JPG

Just turn the seat and it fits in the tub

DSCF4926.JPG

Rod mounts, that I just slide on the tube to hold the rods. They slide on snug. Going to add those coiled liner cords and attach to the eye bolt and to the rod. Just encase. :Gonefishing:

DSCF4921.JPG

DSCF4922.JPG

Simple smitty that packs up quick and fits just nice in the truck.

DSCF4928.JPG

DSCF4929.JPG

Just need to paint it up.

Edited by Brian B

Yer a pretty crafty feller der Brian. Looks good. I wish you lived closer, I could get you to make me all sorts of stuff. I could make ya rich hahaha

shhhhhhh....damn ...he's going to make me start paying...lol

Never cash exchanged. Always a barter guy here. Love my laker/ white fish boat outings. :good:

Never cash exchanged. Always a barter guy here. Love my laker/ white fish boat outings. :good:

Salt fish? Bottled moose? Mussels? Fresh cod fillets?? I have it all....even partridge berry jam me son!

Have a boat too!

Edited by Sinker

• 2 weeks later...

A buddy of mine built a Smitty, not nearly as nice as your Brian, but what he did do, is put steel grate on sections along the lid, so he could put his portable heater in it and sit on it, in the cold.

The Smitty was always warm and as everyone knows, a warm tush leads to a warm body. He never uses a hut.

HH